Q550 - Windows 8

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by MixBlog, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

It was funny when the TV industry, 10 years ago, convinced people that they should go the extra mile and buy the expensive 1080p Plasma sets because they are so much better than the cheaper 720p LCD screens. The result was lots of people spending an extra $2,000 on tiny 32" sets to watch old episodes of Seinfeld and Law & Order from 5 meters away. Every time I see people chasing 1080p resolutions on 10" tablets or 4" MP3 players, I laugh. What a gimmick! Marketing is king! :D

@ CO Dutchman: this was not directed at you. I only said it because EPM brought it up and I've seen this "1080p-chase" happening to friends, relatives and many people on the Interwebs.

2. BurntOrngeLonghorn84

BurntOrngeLonghorn84 Scribbler - Standard Member

Has anyone used the Kindle Metro app(i.e, not Kindle for PC) successfully? Regardless if I try and open books from the cloud or download them for offline the Kindle Metro app cannot open them. I just don't understand why Q550s and CL900s are having trouble.

3. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Not sure because I was able to download and view "Common Sense" on my TC1100 (my test platform for W8CP). I was not about to mess with my Q550 for this evaluation and it sure sounds like it was a good decision based on the N-trig driver issue alone!

4. CO Dutchman

CO Dutchman Pen Pal - Newbie

I didn't take it that way, I was only asking to see if html5 video works or the camera app live preview works. I should have been more specific. I also can get wmv and mov video to play in WMP but will not play full screen with the video app. They also do play fine in Media Center full screen. I just wish the news vids would work in my USA today app and the camera.

5. mrchiggles

mrchiggles Pen Pal - Newbie

Can anyone confirm how they got the buttons to work? Have tried various things but not having any luck at the moment!

6. Chromedome

Chromedome Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi
    I downloaded the following from the Fujitsu Q550 support page:
    FTS_FujitsuTabletButtonDriver_4208272009_1056673
    FTS_FujitsuTabletButtonUtilities_70208182009061020011_1063789

Once installed the buttons can be configured from the app in the Control Panel

Hope this helps

NB: anyone got the Fingerprint Reader working with W8?

Regards CD (UK)

7. mrchiggles

mrchiggles Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, will give that a try. What is the app name in control panel? I have a fuijitsu tablet control one but it doesn't mention configuring the buttons that I can see.

8. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

Look for Win8 compatible, N-trig Gen 3.5 drivers to be available pretty soon for the T580 and the Q550. Not sure when they will go up on the N-trig Support page, but keep an eye out for them...

9. Chromedome

Tablet PC Settings the hit 'Buttons' tab :)

10. Chromedome

Hi
    Has anyone managed to get the Fingerprint sensor working. I tried installing all the drivers but I get an error when I install the SoftexOmniPass app - Invalid Installer Package

Tried running in compatibility mode etc. but no joy

Any ideas??

CD (UK)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.