Q550 - Windows 8

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by MixBlog, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrewb

andrewb Pen Pal - Newbie

For what it's worth, if you download the driver packages from the European Fujitsu site you find that they redistribute Zip files with all the contents nicely accessible, where the US support site has executable packages.

Having retried the NTRIG package the install got to the same point - wen tthrough the boot drivers install and the host drivers install, but then failed in calibration (which is the NtrigMTMCalib executable) and bumped back to the "BULK" state.

2. MixBlog

MixBlog FujitsuFans.com

Hey guys,
    I'm still in contact with Fujitsu so please keep reporting problems you find!

When I'm able to I will give you some feedback! :)

3. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

4. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

5. e-schreiber

Thanks!

Ar you still using Win8? if so, have you got more accustomed to it? I haven't used mine since Saturday. The worse TIP and lack of Flicks turned me off. Hopefully there's an update coming.

6. dceggert

I am just evaluating it on my TC1100 so nothing I really use everyday is interrupted.

I am sitting here writing in Win 7 using the TIP. I click the pen to the input panel and the icon for the TIP appears. In Win 8 I need to push a soft or hard button. In Win 7 I can write in the ever expanding TIP like I am now; I am on line 9. In Win 8 I would have had to stop and push insert 4 to 6 times already and I am still writing!

What does me in on the TC1100 though is the pen input goes dead on dialog boxes. So if a security screen pops up that needs me to click "ok" or "cancel" I cannot without the keyboard and mouse attached.

If I get some time later I will try the menu button program. That would fix at least one of my dislikes.

Now if only MS would open up the TIP to 3rd party solutions we may have something.

Like one person posted in the official feedback forum, "this is the best Linux distro I have ever tried... "

7. e-schreiber

8. dceggert

Good tip but it does not seem to work by clicking on it with my pen.

Edit: I uninstalled the Wacom driver and after a period of time with no pen input my indicator on my screen went from an arrow to the pin point I am used to. Windows update then said there was a Wacom driver to install...back to the arrow. Anyway, clicking on the menu now works using this procedure.

The nice part about the Vista Menu thingy is that it gives you power button options like Vista used to have.

9. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Having retried the NTRIG package the install got to the same point ...but then failed in calibration...and bumped back to the "BULK" state...>>

...Drivers tailored for the Win8 CP will be available by the end of the month.

10. mrchiggles

mrchiggles Pen Pal - Newbie

What is the source for that? Reliable enough for us to stop playing With the existing drivers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.