Q550 - Windows 8

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by MixBlog, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chromedome

Chromedome Pen Pal - Newbie

Never really tried a lot of 'writing' in OneNote so just gave it a go doing a full page. See what you mean about the lag. Although I didn't think it was too bad; it still wrote everything I scribed.
    Did you disable the 'windows search' service? This uses quite a chunk of processor time that I personally don't benefit from. I noticed a speed benefit when I disabled this.

Battery life: There are 2 capacities of battery for the Q550; it sounds - like me - that you have the lower capacity, so 4.5hr is about right but I still manage to get a full day's use as l don't use it continuous

CD (UK)

2. ultra99

ultra99 Scribbler - Standard Member

Why when I do a restart or switch on from it takes a long time to boot and ends with an error. I have to remove the battery sometimes.

3. stephonovich

stephonovich Pen Pal - Newbie

So, I purchased a Q500 about a year ago thinking it would be the solution to my needs between personal, work and school use. After working with it for a month and updating all of the drivers via the Fujitsu website, I decided to put it up and return to my older laptop being that my Q550 was seriously laggy and unable to reliably play video content. I purchased Win 8 Pro to see if it would make a difference. IMO: dramatic improvement. I do have some issues that I see some have had that I need to see about a resolution for.

1) Wake from Sleep. - Like others, I have had to do a hard shutdown after attempting to wake from sleep. However, last night and this morning I decided not to do a hard shutdown, but wait a bit to see if the screen of darkness would eventually awake. It did, though with a blue screen error stating I could search the error code "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" after the reboot to see what may have caused it. Have any of you experienced this and if so, were you able to resolve it? Answers on google seem to be pretty vague.

2) Poor video playback - I noticed in my 'Device Manager", under "Display adapters" I have "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" listed. Under "Monitors" is listed "Generic Non-PnP Monitor." I'm not sure if these are correct for this model and/or if this is cause for the poor video playback. Don't get me wrong, IMO it is way better than in Win7 but it still isn't useable.

3) Other devices - I have three items listed under this category in the "Device Manager." Two of these are titled as "Unknown device" and the third is titled "N-Trig DUOSense BULK." What are the uknown devices and how do I get the proper driver (if there is one) for the N-Trig?

4) No Pinch Zoom / Multi Touch - Is this attributed to the N-Trig error or is this not yet available in Win 8?

5) Auto rotate - This function no longer seems to work since upgrading to Win 8.

6) Tablet buttons on side - none of the three buttons seem to work anymore since upgrading to Win 8.

Thank you very much in advance for your assistance!

4. stephonovich

I noticed that the drivers and/or versions listed on this support page are different than the ones posted on the US site. Would I have a problem downloading from the site link you provided or would I be better off sticking to the US site?

5. stephonovich

How difficult was it for you to upgrade the SSD? I have a 32 GB model and I have been looking at wanting to upgrade it.

6. stephonovich

So, I have been able to resolve the issues of the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, the N-Trig "Other Device", the remaining "Unknown Devices", Multi-Touch, Auto-Rotate, and Tablet button issues. I did notice one other inherent problem though that the main camera displays images upside down in landscape mode. Has anyone been able to resolve this issue?

7. maxhofer

maxhofer Pen Pal - Newbie

temporary you can use the free app "CamMix" -> rotate camera -> flip

8. Tourniquet

Tourniquet Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey,
    does gMaps and GPS work in Metro?

9. Tourniquet

Tourniquet Scribbler - Standard Member

Ntrig released the Windows 8 32 Bit Drivers for the Q702. Could someone test if they also work on the Q550?

10. Airbus

Airbus Pen Pal - Newbie

Just updated to Windows 8, everything is working, except for N-act....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.