Q550 - Windows 8

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by MixBlog, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chromedome

Chromedome Pen Pal - Newbie

@ultra99

Processor is not too bad, really gave it some stick and only got one 100% spike; most were around 50/60%, and that was with scrolling and zooming photos within OneNote. Although the unit has a reputation for warming, there was no real increase in heat.
    No different drivers - hope this helps ;)

Sod's law, my WiFi hardware crashed & burned last night, so reported it to Fujitsu UK Support and they are collecting it for repair tomorrow. However, in having a chat with the techie' I mentioned the W8 graphics driver for this unit, and he said - "they are just ironing out the bugs". I finished the details for the collection of my Q550 and then went back to the conversation on the W8 driver:
    He basically said that they are working on a whole host of W8 graphic drivers including the Q550 and that he had personally done some of the programming himself, and should be out in the next couple of weeks.

Don't know if they will be an improvement on the current drivers - but one can only hope :|

CD (UK)

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  2. ultra99

ultra99 Scribbler - Standard Member

so who's cooking the new drivers, fujitsu or intel?

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  3. Ignite

Ignite Pen Pal - Newbie

Did anyone tried the default Win 8 Drivers for the Graphic Chip?
    My friend had helped me install it, it seems smooth. But did not get to try video playing yet.
    As he is still testing some drivers for fingerprint and such from Fujitsu website.

4. ultra99

hi, which driver have you installed. from what i remember the default resolution was 1024x600. Can you please test inking using onenote or any other program and see if it stutters or the cpu spikes to 80% or higher?

5. aaronb1138

aaronb1138 Pen Pal - Newbie

How is inking in OneNote 2013? When I had tried both OneNote MX and a beta of Office 2013 on Windows 8, the inking was horrifically laggy causing me to go to Office 2010. I might give it another run if the more recent builds + patches have resolved this issue. Are you using N-trig's current touch panel driver or the default stuff 8 installs?

6. ultra99

How's the inking with Office 2010 with you? Which drivers have you installed?

7. Tourniquet

Tourniquet Scribbler - Standard Member

Could someone make a video with Cyberlink Power DVD 10?

I read in the intel documents that it would be the *best* video player for the GMA 600. It should probably play everything up to 1080p without a problem?!

Its interesting to see that Cyberlink Power DVD 10 is also installed on the new Samsung Smart PC on default. Even there it plays videos better than the standard metro app.

8. Chromedome

Chromedome Pen Pal - Newbie

I find that once the Q550 settles down with its background tasks the inking - and most other things - runs pretty well. While it is running its background stuff, I agree it gets laggy, but once it settles I have no issues with the inking. I am running the latest NTrig driver.

I think we have to accept that this processor is never going to be up for job. I have resigned myself to just exercising a little patience to give it time to get its 'house in order', after which it runs most things pretty good. I don't have any issues with Office 2013, Outlook etc; and I still see the envy on my associates faces when they are tapping away on their iPads and I am 'inking' to my hearts content ;)

As mentioned previously, I have disabled the 'Windows Search' service, plus turned off the rear camera in BIOS (never used it) and - apart from the initial lag - find it usable for what I need. Although I am looking forward to upgrading it to a 'proper' W8 tablet :)

CD (UK)

9. Ignite

Ignite Pen Pal - Newbie

Sigh, after intel the GMA600 Drivers, the touch is not working.
    With Win 8 default it works but with lousy frame rate and video quality. With the 3077 GMA600 driver, it is ok using MPC, but cant touch.
    Anyone has any idea why the touch stop working after i install 3077 drivers?

10. Ignite

Ignite Pen Pal - Newbie

sorry, what i meant is that by using win 8 drivers, touch work, but resolution lower. cant play video well with media player classic. but when install intel gma600 3077 driver. the resolution and video improved but, touch will disappear. so now i revert back to win 7. this message was typed on q550 on screen keyboard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.