Q550 - Windows 8

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by MixBlog, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ultra99

ultra99 Scribbler - Standard Member

On fujitsu's site, under windows 8, i only see DeskView Instant BIOS Management (BIOS Update & Settings) - V6.55 and DeskView Client - V6.55.0088. What are these?

I managed to get ntrgi and 0.3077 to install and working fine. What other drivers should I install?

I have to unknown devices in device manager:
    1. on SM35 Express Cheipset LPC interface Controller - 0817
    2, Microsoft ACPI compliant system

I dont know what are these/...

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  2. maxhofer

maxhofer Pen Pal - Newbie

Setting to turn off hybrid boot (fast startup):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  3. maxhofer

maxhofer Pen Pal - Newbie

Short Install Guide:
    1. Activate ".NET Framework 3.5.1": Control Panel, choose Programs and Features, choose Turn Windows features on or off, and then select the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 check box
    2. Install "DISPLAY_INTEL_V8.14.6.3077_WIN7-32_FPC48-0042-01.EXE"
    3a. Install
    "BUTTON-DRIVER_FUJITSU_V4.2.0827.2009_WIN7-32_CA41534-9789.EXE"
    3b. Install
    "FUJITSU_BUTTON_UTILITIES_V7.04.1116.2010_WIN7-32_FPC46-1744-01.EXE"
    4. Install "CHIPSET_V9.2.2.1029_WIN7-32_CA41534-9789.EXE"
    5. Install "SYS-EXTENSION-DRVR_V1.20_WIN7-32_CA41534-9789.EXE"
    6. For Touch please see post #231

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. ultra99

Thanks for the guide.
    For some reason I decide to do a full reset, now back to square one and I feel everything is snappier than before without even installing any drivers.

5. Stavros

Stavros Pen Pal - Newbie

I've just installed Windows 8 on my Q550 and here's some notes from the experience:

Chipset driver - success
    Video - success
    Audio - success

Installed fingerprint driver as XP SP3 - Omnipass Softex 30a from the backup DVD - success
    Installed fingerprint app as XP SP3 - success. Enrolled two fingers.
    Works at logon - haven't tried it for enrolling passwords.

Button driver - success but haven't installed button utilities
    SYS-EXTENSION DRIVER - installed but don't know what it's for
    AUTO ROTATION UTILITY - success
    Battery utility - success
    Button utilities - Needs Net framework 3.5 - (Activate ".NET Framework 3.5.1": Control Panel, choose Programs and Features, choose Turn Windows features on or off, and then select the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 check box) - success, works.
    SYS-Extension utility - success - rotation now works
    Mobility centre ext - success
    I installed the WIn 8 N-trig beta drivers but I haven't got the N-trig control panel to show up. Touch and inking works as it does in Windows 7, though.

Everything I need seems to work. Will I be upgrading to Win 8? A big NO. I do a lot of inking and the abomination that is the new Tablet Input Panel is a huge deal breaker for me. Until either Microsoft or someone comes up with a way of having the TIP from Windows 7 in Windows 8, I'll be steering well clear.

6. Neokz

Neokz Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone here who has tried this modded GMA600 driver for windows 8 ? any experiences ?

Link

or this "IEMGD drivers" with which you can build or mod your own drivers ?
    building suite downloadable here.

7. ultra99

thats interesting. now petition has gone to 500, what happens next? Windows 8 support for Intel Atom Tablets

8. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Yup, I totally agree with you. I did my experimentation with Win 8 on my old TC1100 and have come to the same conclusion; I will not be upgrading either until the TIP and how the OS operates with pen input is 'fixed' back to Win 7 levels.

On a bright side for us Q550 users, the Q552 is out there if we ever need a replacement with a dual core Atom. The same accessories will work between the two. Also coming is the new Elitepad 900 that has a 10.1" 16:10 screen. HP has clarified that their 'business class' PC's and Tablets will have Win 7 'downgrade rights' so I am hoping that includes the 900. If it does then we have an 'upgrade path' into newer hardware where the new Clover Trail Atom is available with Win 7!

9. Chromedome

Chromedome Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Everyone
    Recently installed the full retail version of W8 on the Q (MS MAPS subscriber), I also disabled the 'Windows Search' Service and disabled the rear camera in BIOS (never use this anyway). I have to say that the whole thing is returning quite a good experience. Scrolling fluid, App switching really quick, Calendar swiping without lag.

Also installed Office 2013 and everything is running really well - Outlook & Excel - superb; OneNote - really good experience (not bothered with the Metro version this time as the Office 13 is much more comprehensive IMO). Overall really impressed :)

I have someone lined-up to buy this from me, but i'm having second toughts now that it is running much better. Don't get me wrong; it still has the occasion lag common to the processor, but it is no longer the 'dog' it once was!

CD (UK)

10. ultra99

hows the processor when using onenote and scrolling? does the cpu spike and the device gets warm?

have you used any drivers other than those listed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.