Q550 User Observations

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Steve S, Jun 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rigel

Rigel Scribbler - Standard Member

I just got my Q550 this morning, and so far I am very impressed with it. (maybe I am easy).

2. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Standard user account AND UAC for me and my partner as she loves to click. heck, whack it all to max :)

I really do want to play with the Q550 but I can't justify the price :(

Price has gone up at Insight: http://uk.insight.com/en-gb/productinfo/tablets/FJYO0004GB

3. TheVoid

TheVoid Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok so I decided to do a quick video on the Q550 as to its performance after a clean install so others can compare to the OEM install and determine if it is worth while to perform a clean install.

This was mostly an ad hoc video, and my first so I didn't spend a lot of time editing, Just recorded and posted.

Personally the device performs admirably for what I want it to do. I purchased this primarly for work. I use it throughout the day, heavy use, for web, email, one note and other office products. I also use it for note taking in class and other diagnostic software. I will also begin to place a large number of eBooks on it for reference. Instead of recanting most of what has been said in earlier reviews I'll just link the videos.

Part 1 - Mostly Windows OS settings, preferences, HD space and processes.

Part 2 - Office products, web browsing and Microsoft Collage Touch Experience.

Part 3 - Video playback from you tube and netflix and a flash application.

(Part 3 is still rendering, will upload it later.)

After the recordings were done I pulled up a U-Tube video at 720p, after letting it fully Que up the device played it very well.

Edit:

FYI most of the times where I wasn't touch / Pen selecting what I wanted, was because I was sitting off to the extreme side of the tablet, which changes your perspective and the way it is calibrated. Doing this vide was actually the worst touch and pen experience I have had on the tablet so far because of that, but still not bad.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. Donsell

Donsell Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you! These are very helpful.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. TheVoid

TheVoid Pen Pal - Newbie

3rd and final is now posted. Hope they are beneficial.

6. ieio ITA

ieio ITA Pen Pal - Newbie

i'd like use autocad in Q550, will it work?
    i will use to open a file (500 kB, 1 Mb, no 3d, no rendering ecc...), print on pdf with adobe acrobat, paint some line and so on. will it possibile?

7. ieio ITA

someone can help me? i should buy the q550 full optional (UMTS GPS ecc...) at 899 € (1268,4 $,) it's the best offer in italy, the slate is arrived today in Italy! But i need to know if the slate work with autocad, adobe acrobat ecc...
    Could you try it please?

thank you very much

8. desilva

desilva Pen Pal - Newbie

Has the problem been resolved without a clean install? I am having the same issue?

9. desilva

desilva Pen Pal - Newbie

Excuse my ignorance, is this Opera mobile for tablets? If so, how do get that on a windows 7 pc?

10. ieio ITA

Another question:
    is it possible use the module UMTS to call (GSM ecc..) or is it only for internet?

thx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.