Q550 User Observations

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Steve S, Jun 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...The darn AAAA battery compartment in the pen.. does it use a SPRING as one of the contacts?...>>

Maraud: Yes. The spring is a reasonable length and should adequately compensate for the length difference.

<<...Why are you guys talking about the HTC Flyer's pen in the thread ...Is it a compatible replacement.. does it use NORMAL batteries?...>>

...First of all, please do your homework. An hour or so of reading will fill in many gaps for you. Having said that, Yes, the HTC Flyer pen is a compatible, if expensive, alternate pen for the Q550. Some of us think that it is slightly quieter in use, and it has a second button that allows erasing in compatible applications like Journal and OneNote. It uses a AAAA battery just like all the other N-trig digital pencils...

<<...I read that the touch screen isn't that responsive to touch, is it only the first touch after the touch screen is idle that is not responsive, or is the touch response generally slightly slower than other touch screen solutions?..>>

...We're slowly getting a handle on this. In one-on-one tests, the Q appears to be just as responsive as, say, the HP Slate 500. But subjectively, it somehow seems a bit laggy (with factory settings). By making a few adjustments... detailed elsewhere in this thread... my Q is now well within an acceptable range of responsiveness. It's going to take some time for the community to zero in on this, but it looks very promising.

2. Donsell

Donsell Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks to the early adopters. I would have pre-ordered this slate but was traveling out of the country for most of June and couldn't have taken delivery. When I returned I was disappointed by the early reviews and decided to wait. Sounds like the issues are being addressed and it's worth the purchase.

I appreciate your contribution to the community!

3. Marauderz

Marauderz Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok.. let's see if I can get my hands on one of these then.

4. cfdevkev

cfdevkev Scribbler - Standard Member

I agree; just using the Q for half a day I am pretty confident that it will only get better.

5. upperking

upperking Pen Pal - Newbie

I just received mine this morning, I did notice that the screen is on slightly crooked "left bottom edge of glass has a larger gap then the top and same on the top right edge of glass is wider then the bottom right edge and the camera glass hole is slightly off but does not abstract the camera view.
    Is there any way to fix this, I have seen Itouch screen removing kits wonder if something like that would be possible.

6. econgrad

econgrad Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry to repost, but I was wondering if anyone else has this issue:

Just noticed that when my Q550 is in landscape with the Fujitsu logo at the bottom, touch fails in the top left corner of the screen. It's as though there's a tiny square in the top-left corner that I can't drag the cursor into using touch. Strangely, with the pen it works fine. I have calibrated it as well. Anyone else notice this?

7. Mac Wilson

Mac Wilson Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes I think they are all like that. I noticed that immediately, and was shocked at first, then I figured it wasn't too bad.

I would just leave it alone.

8. mittmark

mittmark Scribbler - Standard Member

Touch works fine in the top left corner in landscape orientation. In fact, I keep hitting the back arrow with my thumb even though I'm in "Auto" mode. I suspect my thumb is double tapping the top left corner, changing to touch mode then performing a back command.

9. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Sorry to repost, ...Just noticed that when my Q550 is in landscape...touch fails in the top left corner of the screen...>>

econ: I tested for this specifically over the last two days, but cannot report having seen any problems or hang-ups with my Q.

HOWEVER... I have seen cases where, if you try to touch too many controls, too fast, touch seems to really get laggy (or perhaps stops altogether). It seems like if I pause for a moment, touch again becomes responsive. I have noticed this effect several times over the last two weeks...

10. TheVoid

TheVoid Pen Pal - Newbie

No issues here. I can use touch Both finger and pen allover the top left corner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.