Q550 schematic (internal serial port)

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by interestingfellow, Sep 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. interestingfellow

interestingfellow Pen Pal - Newbie

TLDR:
    Does anyone have, or know where I can get, the schema for the mobo in a q550?

Hello, all, and thanks for the forums!
    I needed a tablet to run streets and trips gps navigation for my work, and a little slate/tablet is perfect and quick to set up in a rental car to do so. I had tried to other tablets with win10, but there is a licensing issue that MS isn't fixing for S&T2013. I do love the features of the baytrail processors, but they only run uefi and installing Win7 is problematic. I hate win10 for conspiracy ad/information tracking reasons.

SO, I found a q550 with win7 for ~$110, which is perfect fro what I need. I can certainly use the USB port and external GPS puck for navigation, but I also have come over from Panny Toughbooks, and we just love to rip'm apart and internally mod things. So, I am looking for the schematic for the q500 so I can find an internal serial port to hook my gps engine to. I just love the cleaner setup of having it internal and ready all the time.

I haven't received the q550, so I don't even know what the guts look like, yet. I can't wait!

Thanks, again!

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...I needed a tablet to run streets and trips gps navigation for my work...>>

...Given that S&T was discontinued by Microsoft some time ago, have you given any thought to using a more contemporary app like Maps Pro? There is a discussion thread about current navigation apps in the Software forum:

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/gps-navigation-apps-on-windows-8-1-and-windows-10.65971/

<<...I am looking for the schematic for the q500 so I can find an internal serial port to hook my gps engine to...>>

...Again, have you thought about migrating to a Bluetooth GPS receiver such as the Garmin GLO or the Dual Electronics SkyPro? No connector cable and you can position the receiver for best signal reception while holding your tablet where you can see it. And no surgery required...

https://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Porta...&qid=1473391763&sr=8-4&keywords=bluetooth+GPS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.