[Q550] Can't set native resolution for external 24" display anymore.

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by khs, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. khs

khs Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

anyhow I can't connect my 24" display (Fujitsu P24W-6 IPS, 1920x1200 pixels) to the Q550 (with Intel GMA600 6.0.0.13.3077 graphics driver) and set it to the native resolution. I've only the choice between the resolutions800x600, 1024x768 and 1280x1024.

I've reinstalled the display drivers for several times - and the display shows up as the specific display "P24W-6" in the display settings.
    I also reinstalled the GMA600 drivers, with no positive effect.

Because it's 2-3 weeks ago, when I used the tablet/display combination without any noticeable problems, I can't tell what exactly caused the current problems. I just noticed, that I have to reactivate MS Office 2010 nearly every day (a sign for driver problems?). The second thing is, that I've installed the Windows Mobile Device Center few days ago and can't uninstall it completely; there's one entry remaining in the Windows control panel, that I can run to set the connectivity options for the mobile device).

This alls occurs with an the HDMI-to-DVI adapter. There is no problem to connect the Q550 to the FullHD television with an HDMI cable.

Maybe someone has an idea to get that problem solved without the backup partition. Maybe my problem is hardware-specific?

Thanks in advance!
    Regards
    khs

2. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Have you removed the P24W-6 driver and reinstalled this one?
    What software do you use to change the resolution, Windows or Intel?
    You do not clone?

3. khs

khs Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried to delete the drivers in the system control settings of Windows 7, but "P24W-6 (digital)" showed up again in the display settings, as soon as I connected the display.

I also tried the Intel menu to change the resolution and used extended view.

At work I found, that even a Asus 22" inch widescreen display, connected with the same hdmi-dvi-cable just gave the option to set 1280*1024 (but with another number of resolutions <1280*1024 I could set.

My next try will be another cable, I guess.

4. khs

khs Pen Pal - Newbie

I got a fast answer from Fujitsu support - an just had to look in the specification sheet of the Q550. The Q550 oficially supports only 1280*800 resolution, the same as the internal display's native resolution. :(

So the Q550 will mainly be used as "iPad" on my daily travel between home and office.

Now, where I've a fresh installation of Windows 7, I'm able to use 1440*900 on computer displays (before I got 1280*1024...) and with the TV the Q550 still is able to show 1920*1080.

Maybe 1280*800 is just guaranteed, regarding to the crappy graphics acceleration? Maybe someone could test the max. resolution of the own Q550 with an external display with high native resolution?

Regards
    khs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.