Q550 and Windows 10

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by GreatEmerald, Jun 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Pen Pal - Newbie

You have the key as KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Scaling, it's supposed to be KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Scaling instead.

2. desilva

desilva Pen Pal - Newbie

GreatEmerald, thanks for your patience. Sorry about that! I Have large keyboard now. Have a great weekend.

I am still going to see why touch stopped.

3. GreatEmerald

No problem.

I figured out the fingerprint problem. In Win7 the reader was a bit problematic too, but looks like now Windows, after a "disconnect" (nudging it too much) disables the reader with error code 43. To re-enable it, you need to disable it from the device manager (not touch-friendly, ugh) and enable it right back.

Maybe your problem is somewhat similar? Check the device manager for anything with an exclamation mark.

4. desilva

desilva Pen Pal - Newbie

Update - I did a fresh install and wiped everything clean. All is working touch, pen, and buttons however, I lost the fingerprint reader. Do you have fingerprint listed as a sign-in option under settings? I have no option to select this. In device manager under Biometric devices it says I have the latest driver (AuthenTec Inc. AES2660). Also, I found that the Fingerprint was disable so I ran -- 1.gpdeic.msc 2. Administrative Templates 3. Windows Components 4. Biometrics ---I enabled ALL of them.

Do you have any suggestions?

5. GreatEmerald

See my post above. Try disabling the driver and re-enabling it.

6. gt2511

gt2511 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for your help.!!

7. GreatEmerald

I just updated the tablet to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition (which is to Windows 10 what Windows 8.1 was to Windows 8, pretty much), using the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant. Everything went smoothly, I only had to reapply the theme colour settings and reapply the keyboard size fix. Since this seems to be a recurring problem, here's a reg file to make it easy to apply: https://bpaste.net/raw/f55c87df2891 (just save the page as a .reg file and merge it).

It now includes an ink panel, with a scratchpad for drawing things, sticky notes, and drawing on a screenshot, as well as a list of recent programs. It seems to work OK-ish, a bit on the slow side and with minor graphical glitching. Also, Journal is now gone... But it can be reinstalled by going here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3162655 But since we have an option now, one can install Xournal instead: http://xournal.sourceforge.net/ Both work as fine as ever.

Also, now there is more disk space, after running disk cleanup.

kvoram likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.