Q550 and Windows 10

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by GreatEmerald, Jun 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes. Also, for graphics drivers, you need to confirm that you want to "overwrite newer drivers" (I'm not sure why Win10 thinks no drivers is a newer driver, but hey).

2. desilva

desilva Pen Pal - Newbie

GreatEmerald. Wanted to thank you for all your help. I finally got Win 10 on the Q550!

3. GreatEmerald

I'm glad to hear it worked :)

4. ultra99

ultra99 Scribbler - Standard Member

yes, it's working fine now, but of course a bit slow...

5. GreatEmerald

Make sure to go to Advanced Options and set tuning to performance (except fonts and perhaps displaying window contents while dragging), as well as disable transparency for the action pane etc. in the personalisation part of Settings. That makes it much better.

6. desilva

desilva Pen Pal - Newbie

Two Issues

1. Lost Touch - I had it after upgrade to 10. It stopped and later came back briefly. Now I have no touch input at all. Pen working fine.
    Is it possible I toggled this off somehow?

2. No "Scaling" entry in registry. I can not fix the tiny keyboard - I have KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ ----- But after that no scaling

Any other thoughts on how to increase keyboard size?

7. GreatEmerald

1: Strange, I haven't run into such a problem. The problem is that as far as I know you can't install the N-Trig control panel and change settings. Though if there is a place where you can change the settings, I don't know where it is.
    2: Yes, add the "Scaling" key manually, and inside it create a String "MonitorSize", then set it to "10.1".

Personally I ran into an issue that the fingerprint reader doesn't seem to register any more. I added a new account, then proceeded to register fingerprints, but at the second one Windows Hello crashed and since then claims that no fingerprint reader is connected. That's real strange. But at least logging in by PIN isn't that much more time-consuming.

8. desilva

desilva Pen Pal - Newbie

Scaling Key - that didn't go so well. I have never done anything like that before. I did what you suggested and I got a tiny keyboard that would not do anything sitting at the bottom of screen. I deleted the created key and all went back to normal. When creating the key I had a "default" that I could not rename or delete. Like I said, this is new to me and I think I better stay away from regedit. :)

9. GreatEmerald

The "Default" is always there, ignore it.
    Post a screenshot and we'll be able to tell you what you did wrong.

10. desilva

desilva Pen Pal - Newbie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.