Q550 and Windows 10

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by GreatEmerald, Jun 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm not entirely certain whether it has to be fully updated, but I believe it doesn't have to be, because that method is considered the same as using a CD, the setup is self-contained. If it does rely on some updates, I'm sure the setup will notify you.

2. desilva

desilva Pen Pal - Newbie

When I use the Windows 10 upgrade in they system tray it tells me This PC can't run Windows 10 due to Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 600. How do I proceed? Do I need to get a different driver or something? If so, where?

Thanks in advance.

3. GreatEmerald

Like I said, you can't use the Get Windows 10 tray app, because it's buggy. Instead, use the Installation Media Creator tool that I linked to.

4. desilva

desilva Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks. I used the Installation Media Creator tool and selected Windows 7 Pro and used the USB method, however it is telling me that the product key didn't work and to check it or try again.

I know it is the right key. Taken from behind the battery. I purchased this new directly from Fujitsu. I have tried with Windows 7 and Windows 7 Pro. There is an additional option which I don't remember off the top of my head.. Any suggestions about what I am doing wrong. Did anyone else have difficulty with the product key?

5. GreatEmerald

Eh? In the Media Creator, there's an option "upgrade this system". You don't need anything else, it will simply upgrade it for you and activate automatically. If you're getting asked for a key to begin with, you're doing something wrong. (Besides, it's a tool for installing Win10, there's no "Windows 7" option to begin with...)

6. desilva

desilva Pen Pal - Newbie

I have attempted that several times today. It was very time consuming getting to the 100% progress level, and each time, it either failed or told me "something is wrong" I thought I would try the install on the USB method, but as I wrote above Windows is not recognizing my Product Key.
    Thanks for your help. I will continue to try to get this to work, when I have more time.

7. GreatEmerald

Hm, well, if it's of any help, I did the upgrade after wiping the disk and cleanly reinstalling Win7. You have to copy the key (you can get the actual one by using a key finder program in the old installation, the one listed on the sticker is NOT it!) and the certificate, FUJ_V2.1_Cert.xrm-ms, from an old installation, then use retail media to reinstall it, enter the key, and register the certificate with slmgr.vbs. See this for more info: https://blog.hqcodeshop.fi/archives/207-Transferring-Windows-7-OEM-license-to-a-new-hard-drive.html

Perhaps resetting the installation from the recovery options would work too, or maybe even simply doing the OS refresh and/or turning off all background programs and unneeded services before running the upgrade tool.

8. ultra99

ultra99 Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey, I got win7 upgraded to win10. Now which drivers did you install?

9. GreatEmerald

First the chipset drivers, then the graphics drivers (installer requires .NET), then the button driver, and finally button utilities.

10. ultra99

ultra99 Scribbler - Standard Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.