Q550: 2-cell vs. 4-cell battery

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Ivan, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Ivan

Ivan Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I just got my Q550 this week, and I mostly like it, but it's a bit heavy if you hold it for a long time, so I'm thinking about buying the 2-cell battery, because I'm only using it at home and not for 8 hours straight.

Now does anyone know the exact weight difference between the two batteries? On the web pages, I can only find rough values. And I also haven't found a store that will ship to Germany.

About my first impression: It was a bit hard to wait for the 45 minutes until windows was finally installed. And you can really tell it's not a "native" tablet OS because you have to install all the tablet features (automatic rotation, webcam, touch interface etc.) Separately. But I'm still hopeful that after the installation marathon it will work. :)

2. Steve S

Steve S Scribbler - Standard Member Super Moderator

<<...does anyone know the exact weight difference between the two batteries?..>>

Ivan: I suspect that no one will be able to provide you with this information unless someone just happens to have both battery types and is willing to weigh them for you.

However, you can probably get an idea of the weight increment by simply hefting three or four lithium AA batteries, which should be about 15 WHrs of capacity. It's not going to amount to very much weight, I don't think, because lithium cells are pretty light...

3. KenK

KenK Pen Pal - Newbie

4. Steve S

Steve S Scribbler - Standard Member Super Moderator

110 g = 3.88 oz.

5. Ivan

Ivan Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, I must have overlooked that one. Hmmm,110g. I guess that will be noticeable...

6. KenK

KenK Pen Pal - Newbie

On the other hand, it's only a 13% reduction in total weight. Hard to say if it's "noticeable".

7. dceggert

dceggert Moving 'up' from iPAQ Senior Member

Yea, that is 1/4 Lb. That is only a burger patty before cooking! LOL...

On the other hand, the 3.88 oz extra weight includes the weight of the extra chips in the SSD as well (62 GB vs. 32 GB) so the extra weight due to the battery alone is probably really only 3.87 oz!

Just poking fun...