Purchasing EA800 - is it impossible?

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by Christof, Feb 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PF4Tablet

PF4Tablet Pen Pal - Newbie

I guess I should put mine on ebay considering how much interest you guys have in buying one.
    I am just waiting for my ereader to arrive.
    When I am sure that I am happy with that one I will most probably sell the eee Note

2. lroncero

lroncero Pen Pal - Newbie

Cristof,

I live in Taipei and know how difficult it is to find this product in Europe. If you are interested, I could help you buy those 10 EeeNotes and ship them over to your destination.

Send me a private message if you need help.

Luis

3. traumahawk

traumahawk Pen Pal - Newbie

Got mine yesterday from amazon.it. super easy to convert to English. Runs great. Definitey my favorite piece of tech that I own.

Sent from my Infected Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

4. T_B

T_B Scribbler - Standard Member

5. StefanD

StefanD Pen Pal - Newbie

I just put mine on ebay. I want to sell it, because I don't use it as often as I thought I would.

6. Jmirko

Jmirko Pen Pal - Newbie

I have one and I really like it too. I have been looking for one for a friend, and found that the eBay sources had dried up. I found 2 options:
    1. ASUS Shop (as linked two posts above): available in only a few EU countries (Germany, Netherlands, maybe Italy?) and as far as I know they don't ship abroad :-(
    2. I found a Hong Kong website that sells them and ships them worldwide. The price is similar to the ASUS Shop, not sure about shipping though. The link:
    Where to Buy cheapest ASUS-Eee-Note-EA800-Pen-Based-Tablet buy cheapest ASUS Eee Note EA800 Pen-Based Tablet from china tablet PC wholesaler and dropshipper
    I wish ASUS made it easier to buy this nice little note-taking tool! Considering it's the only Wacom-enabled, affordable tablet on the market, it could benefit from a bit of marketing and availability...
    I hope this helps!

7. T_B

T_B Scribbler - Standard Member

Currently not available anymore.
    You can add the item on a wish list. Maybe ASUS is only producing what they know for sure they can sell. Anyway it is a strategy that I haven't seen before for these kind of devices.

8. traumahawk

traumahawk Pen Pal - Newbie

Amazon it works. Mine arrived on 3 days easy easy switch to English. Workog great (luckily I had a USB wall charger adapter of my own, as the one it came with was Italian). Little expensive, but worth it. I also get hits from eBay dot com with my saved search "eee note" several times a week with new posts for sale (cheaper than amazon, but not much). Only bad part about amazon it was the $10 international surcharge on my amazon visa. Otherwise, I highly recommend buying from there. Site is in Italian, but identical layout to amazon dot com, and all your shipping and billing info is saved from your amazon dot com account, same login, same menus, easy to navigate even if you can't speak a word of Italian.

Sent from my Infected Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

9. Christof

Christof Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, eventually I managed to order a few of them from the Dutch Asus shop - but, a friend is posting them onto me in the UK. It is a bit more convoluted than I had hoped. I have also ordered a few HTC Flyers. I suspect that they won't work quite as well for annotation, but they might well be more popular with the students (colour etc).

10. MacBeezle

MacBeezle Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I bought the Asus eee note from the German asus web shop a few days ago.
    In the shop it said "limited supply left" and after I bought mine the eee note was sold out.
    So it seems I got the last one^^

I really like the device! Nice screen, nice fake-leather 'case' and using the stylus just feels natural :)

Unfortunately my handwriting is too small and too sloppy :/
    I have to admit I can barely read my handwriting on a real sheet of paper :D - on the eee note it looks a little bit more sloggy.

It works fine for my fiancée - her handwriting is on the device as beautiful on a sheet of paper.

My verdict:
    * Nice device.
    * Does what it's supposed to do.
    * Incompatible with my small and sloggy handwriting.
    * Very good for everyone who has a nicer and a little bigger handwriting.

Since my fiancée doesn't really need or use the eee note I currently plan to send it right back within the allowed return window.

But I don't know how Asus will handle it or whether this device will be sold "as new" again.

So I wanted to give to you the opportunity to buy it. I live in south Germany.

Anyone interested just write me a dm.

BR

MacBeezle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.