Protection for your tablet during class or everyday

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Smiley, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smiley

Smiley Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey Everyone!

While I do have a protective sleeve/case to carry my tablet in, are any of you concerned with little everyday bumps here and there once your tablet is taken out?

I just recently got the bump case for my T5010. It fits well but I think it needs to be broken in. Is it possible for a bump case to do this?

For the students out there, are you using any extra casing besides using a sleeve? With the bump case being a little bulky and hard to maneuver(zippers,velcro,etc.), I would imagine it being a challenge to use in class with textbooks, papers or other items on your desk.

Thank you!

2. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I carry my tablet around (in the university, subway, ...) in the bump case while the tablet is in slate mode.
    However, in class or when I have a desk, then I take it out and just use it without anything else, there I don't need any protection, why should I. There's nothing which could harm the tablet except I do something silly.

3. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

I also use a bump case. My tablet is always in it except when it's at home on the charger.

My last backpack had a padded sleeve, but then I switched to an unpadded motorcycle case, then I switched again to a regular slimmer unpadded backpack.

Textbook, papers and other items? I don't bring that crap to school with me. I have a tabletpc. The only other things I carry to school is food and gym clothes.

4. Zeuxidamas

Zeuxidamas Pen Pal - Newbie

I carry mine in a ballistic case while in transit. Once I am wherever I need to be to work, I use it out of any case. I only carried TabletPCs in the bump case when I had to work in industrial environments. For the classroom or at work, I prefer the freedom of no case.
    - Vr/Zeux..>>

5. pmatulew

pmatulew Scribbler - Standard Member

Rule #1: Protect the screen from catastophic damage (spills, impact, drops) and don't leave your tablet in harm's way. If in doubt, close it up or put it away. Beyond that, no case except when traveling.

I've seen way too many end-of-life electronic devices arrive at the grave in pristine condition to worry about coddling them every moment.

Daily bumps and scrapes and wear are part of the deal.

6. primexx

primexx Scribbler - Standard Member

I have a laptop bag for that and all my other carry-with-me stuff, but I use it without any extra casing, even in slate mode. I don't like bulky cases and the computer should be able to withstand normal wear and tear anyways. There are a few scratches here and there, a tiny bump on one of the corners, and some other cosmetic damage, but the computer itself is still in good condition. It's a university, not high school or some hazardous workplace. As long as you don't do anything idiotic it should be fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.