Proper Calibration Approach for Screen

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Steve S, May 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SDreamer

SDreamer Scribbler - Standard Member

Run it in each orientation. Landscape and landscape reverse you need to use the landscape coordinates, vice versa with portrait and portrait reverse. Each orientation has its own calibration. Found this out on my TPT2, and it seems to apply to my SP as well. If I don't do it, being a lefty, default calibrations have pretty noticeable offset, but after calibrating each, offset is a lot better.

2. dream3

dream3 Scribbler - Standard Member

Ah I got it now. However Im using the wacom drivers so I cant really calibrate it using more than 4 points.

3. SDreamer

SDreamer Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm using Wacom drivers too and still see improvement. On my TPT2 I didn't use the 100 point method, just the 4 points, calibrate in each orientation and it was noticeable better (by nature the offsets on the TPT2 were so bad with default, so I know it did work just using 4 points for each orientation). On my Surface Pro, doing the 4 point calibration from Wacom worked to improve but it kinda was still bad in certain areas. I didn't think the 100 point calibration would work either because I was using Wacom drivers, but I just tried it and it seems to be working. I even restarted to see if the calibration would stick, and it has so far for me.

Edit: did a little more testing, using Wacom calibration and just estimating my offset based on regular calibration (instead of hitting the cross hair center, I would hit it off to the side about the same amount of offset) gave me the best accuracy. Using the 100 point method only gave me better edge accuracy, center was just as good as using Wacom method; haven't tried how it is if I tried to just offset it myself during calibration. Fact is, you still need to run calibration in each orientation to get the best accuracy.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  4. dream3

dream3 Scribbler - Standard Member

I wish I knew how you managed to calibrate using more than 4 points with wacom drivers installed. Ive tried every possible solution people gave me, none worked.

It's either linearity error or failed to open digitizer device.

5. SF6

SF6 Scribbler - Standard Member

Why not deinstall wacom driver, run calibration and after a restart install the driver again?

As far as I can remember this was the preferred method in the xda forum.

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.