Professional Solder Service for Internal USB Storage Modification

Discussion in 'Dell' started by xboxexpert, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xboxexpert

xboxexpert Pen Pal - Newbie

Here you can send me your Dell Venue 8 Pro and I'll professionally solder in either one or two USB sticks. You can use Paypal to purchase and all you need to do is ship me the device and the stick(s) and I'll put them in there for you. Attached is my own personal unit that I modified in less than 20 minutes using my JBC Solder Station and my "20+ years of skills". I can understand this forum not knowing who the hell I am but if you simply google "Xboxexpert" you can get an idea. Also I'm on Youtube and XDA.

Note: So I've been messing with the Recovery Partition and I've successfully migrated the entire partition to one of these 64GB Sticks formatted to FAT32 and to test I'm recovering the tablet though adding a custom BIOS entry in the system. Its successfully recovering the device off one of my USB's internal to the device! This is awesome because if successful I can literally wipe the recovery partition off the C:\ and keep the space for installing programs like Office 2013 and such.

Purchase 512GB Modded Dell Venue 8 Pro 64GB model PREBUILT (eBay)
    Purchase 512GB Modded Dell Venue 8 Pro 64GB model PREBUILT (PayPal Direct - I will not steal your money)

Purchase Service though Paypal for Existing Venue 8 Pro
    Purchase Service though Paypal for Existing Venue 8 Pro (eBay but fees suck for me)

128GB
    <iframe width='480' height='360' src="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/xboxexpert/embed/slideshow/Dell%20Venue%208%20Pro"></iframe>

512GB
    <iframe width='480' height='360' src="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/xboxexpert/embed/slideshow/Dell%20Venue%208%20Pro/Dell%20Venue%208%2064GB%20512GB%20Mod"></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Any possibility of getting this done on a Dell Venue 11 Pro 5130 (Atom)?

3. xboxexpert

I don't have one to test but I don't see why not. If the pads are there I can solder to them. I would either need one sent to me to test on or funding to buy one my self. I get a crazy Dell discount where I work I'll price one out to see how much they are.

4. xboxexpert

Bump.............

5. thekaz

thekaz Pen Pal - Newbie

agreed someone needs to mod the 5130 :)

6. xboxexpert

Again, If I had one I would gladly try pinouts for it. I don have one nor has one been donated or sent as a test unit.

7. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Imagine that! ;)

8. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm thinking about sending mine out, I just haven't decided yet if I'm keeping it or getting a SP3.

9. xboxexpert

I'd be interested in knowing if there is an open port or two on that unit. Finding a place to hideaway the USB is another story.

10. c0rle0ne

c0rle0ne Pen Pal - Newbie

nice service you offer m8 ... i like to avail it but shipping is a mess here

so i'm asking ... if I buy DV8P online and ship it to you and you do the necessary modding then I will arrange shipping to my address, is that okay?

also along with this modding can you do the other mods like Copper Film cooler, 128GB SD card etc?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.