Processors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mydixiwrecked00, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mydixiwrecked00

Mydixiwrecked00 Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm considering buying a new machine and did a search in the forum and didn't find what I was looking for. Here's the question.

First when comparing processors is there that much different between a 2gig dual core and a 2gig quad.

Second is there that much difference between 2.2i7 quad and a 2.5i7 quad when it comes to speed and everyday computing.

Ultimately it comes down to 2.8i7 dual vs 2.5i7 quad but there's a$1000 difference ( screen size also playing a factor into the price)
    Or 2.2 i7 quad vs 2.5i7 quad with a $700 difference running same screen.

2. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Scribbler - Standard Member

Which i7s? First gen or second gen? Exact model maybe, so we're able to know if there's maybe a cache difference?
    What do you do?
    How long do you want to use the system?

Unless you tell us what exactly you do the difference between a 2.8 dual core and a 2.5 quad core is 2 cores and 200 MHz.

For everyday computing today any dual core above 2GHz is sufficient.

3. Mydixiwrecked00

Mydixiwrecked00 Scribbler - Standard Member

The new purchase would be for a new MacBook, but I was asking as a general question about comparing processor to processor new to new or old to old and nothing beyond that. I'm fed up with my tm2 and it's not the tablets fault, it's been great. I work in the insurance estimating industry and even though their software"supports" tablets it doesn't seem to play nicely, I've spent 4 hours of my life just today with a developer of the software playing with my tablet remotely and he couldn't get the gremlins out. The software does 3d modeling and then uses all of that information to calculate quantities for line items( amount of carpet, roofing, paint, etc) to create pricing. But on a tablet it likes to start a massive memory leak and crash.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.