Problems with x41t hard drive

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by student, Oct 26, 2007.

1. kcirbmab

kcirbmab Pen Pal - Newbie

I recentyl bought an x41t and for a week or so it was working fine. Now the hard drive is bad (I can't boot up windows, reinstall it or install any other OS). So the problem is apparently the hard drive.

I bought it used and the seller told me it's had hard drive problems in the past and he has had to replace it twice already. It looks like it will continue to have this issue even if I replace the HDD.

Anyways, the actual questions:
    1) Is this problem common? I really love this laptop and it seems like it's perfect for me, but this HDD problem is kind of ruining it.
    2) Are there any alternatives for the 1.8" hard drive or am I suck with the default one?

I can either get a refund or find a way to fix this problem, but I really like the laptop; any solutions would be welcome.

2. student

student Scribbler - Standard Member

Thats not a common X41t problem as far as I know. It hasn't been a consistent complaint in X41 forums I have read. Mine didn't have any hard disk problems at all, apart from slowness. A perfect oppurtunity to get a refund and by a second hand HP tc4400 if you ask me. You will be even more pleased with one of those.