Problems with Standby and Hibernate

Discussion in 'Asus' started by samuelwong01, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samuelwong01

samuelwong01 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey all,
    I'm having some problems with my R1F entering the hibernate state and coming back from standby.

Most of the time when I try to get my r1f to enter hibernate it goes to standby first sits there for about a minute and then powers back up saying it has insufficient resources to complete the API. The thing is I have 35GB of free h/d space and 2GB of RAM. My previous laptop would enter standby straight away without entering standby. Anyone know if this is caused by Power4Gear?

Also has anyone had problems with their screens not turning back on when coming out of standby? For some reason my screen refuses to turn back on out of standby, unless I do it twice.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Sam

2. andy

andy Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. Creole

Creole Pen Pal - Newbie

4. samuelwong01

Thanks for the help. I applied a windows patch and it seems to have fixed it. I'll try flashing the bios later on.

Has anyone had a problem with the screen randomly shutting off and not turning on again too? I suspect its got something to do with my power saving mode in power 4 gear.. but I'm not completely sure.

Cheers,
    Sam

5. Fido

Fido Scribbler - Standard Member

I did, I'm pretty sure the bios fix fixed it.

6. alanpark

alanpark Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a similar problem. Mine will not come out of standby. When coming out of standby, windows (XP) informs me that it is coming out of standby, the LEDs light up, but the screen remains off. This happens in laptop and tablet mode.

I have updated to BIOS 308...no help

7. BornLoser

BornLoser Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm having similar issues, alan. After the 308 update it seems to have made the problem less frequent, however. I'm looking at the other link that was provided on this page. It seems like others have had luck using the windows fix, so I'm going to give it a shot as well.....as soon as I get this Wacom Enhanced Driver to work correctly, anyways :mad:....

8. alanpark

alanpark Pen Pal - Newbie

Samuel. It might be the Powergear. I am gonna uninstall it and find out. Honestly, it really isnt saving me that much battery time

update: uninstalled the powergear. Standby/hibernate works fine now

9. samuelwong01

Hey all,
    Thanks for the help. So far after the bios update and the windows patch, stuff seems to work fine so far. Admitably since I've done those two things I haven't exactly been putting the computer in hibernate or standby as much, but we'll see what happens I guess.

Cheers,

Sam

10. kudoskun

kudoskun Scribbler - Standard Member

I have just contacted ASUS support with a problem regarding no video after resume.

The work around for this (for me) is to close and open the screen. After this my video comes back on. Also I am using 308 BIOS, this issue was supposed to be fixed with 305 apparently.

Does anyone have any ideas how to have video come back without flipping the screen close/open?

Thanks,

~ V

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.