Problems with Sony Vaio Duo 11

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by bhatia333, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monc56

Monc56 Pen Pal - Newbie

Following on from my last post, I've just had Sony service dept look at my Vaio Duo 11 and they say I have a faulty touch screen. They have ordered a new screen for me. While I was there another chap came in with the same problem. That's two screens on one day. Coincidence?

2. mobil

mobil Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi. I have experienced it too! It happens in the top left corner. Same annoying problem, I've tried everything to solve it and it turned out to be a hardware issue.
    I've just come back from the tech support and they said the touch screen will be replaced. I hope we were just unlucky...

3. vozie

vozie Pen Pal - Newbie

My pen does not register button "click" about 1 cm from the right boarder fo the screen. The circle disapears when the pen approaches the boarder. The earser button does not work in Onenote etc.
    Does anybody have similar problem?

4. kiyu727

kiyu727 Pen Pal - Newbie

My pen works perfectly in One Note 2013
    No problems with the right click button anywhere on the screen.

5. Monc56

Monc56 Pen Pal - Newbie

After two weeks of waiting for the new screen and not having heard anything, I decided to go back to the Sony store in Sydney. I was told the part has not even been ordered yet because they are still waiting for a go ahead from head office. Apparently this is not an isolated issue. While I was there another Vio Duo 11 came in with the same screen problem. Sony is trying to work out if this is a software of hardware issue. In the mean time I have a new computer that is practically useless with the screen constantly activating on the top left hand side. When I first took the computer in for service it was just over four weeks old and I can't get a replacement as it's got to be under four weeks! Tried to ring head office service department at Sony and after half an hour on hold decided to just hang up.

6. Rijarth

Rijarth Pen Pal - Newbie

I too have been experiencing the touchscreen issue.
    Started out very rarely pressing in one particular spot but over the next few weeks progressed to happen quite repeatedly, to the point where i couldnt use the laptop at all.
    I found however that it only happened while on battery power, not mains, so gave me the idea that it is a software issue.
    As i am under 30 days i could take it back to JB Hi-Fi and still plan to, however i performed a windows 8 "reset", what microsoft call a format and re-install fresh windows, to remove all my personal info from the device. Much to my chagrin i found the issue had stopped! After performing all the windows and vaio updates however im back to where i was a few weeks back with the screen just starting to randomly press that same spot again rarely...
    So now i find myself asking, should i bother returning it? if its a software issue then its a high chance the new unit would do the same until sony figure it out and release a fix...

Just my observations...

7. sunnyfish

sunnyfish Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the same problem with my top left corner of the screen. Sony suggested resetting to factory settings but this did not fix the problem.
    I am very disappointed for such an expensive machine.
    Having read other people have the same problem I will have to return it for repair.

8. Rijarth

Rijarth Pen Pal - Newbie

yes it is extremely disappointing coming from sony. ive used many laptops but never spent the cash on actually buying one myself but now that i have a need i thought i could trust them, theyre pretty good quality with everything else!

So i ended up swapping the unit with a new one and its been 2 days now, so far so good!
    I would recommend anyone with this issue within 30 days of purchasing to just get it exchanged, not sure what the laws are in the rest of the world but here in australia consumer protection means we get 30 days and no fuss swap over (supposed to be no fuss at least). JB Hi-Fi were really good about, only took me 5 mins...

The only issue i have is that i bought the oem screen protector from the sony shop for $40 and theyre a once only application, still waiting to hear back from sony on that one...

9. loulu

loulu Pen Pal - Newbie

hi from Peru, i have the same problem i called sony center latin america and they said it could be a virus, we tried to restaure the pc, but at one step it required windows 8 cds .... so they told me to go to the technical support in my city. the worst thing is that the keyboard is not working now! terrible! ill go the next monday i hope they could give me a new one.... first and last time i buy a sony laptop.

10. CarlosLaurentys

CarlosLaurentys Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi From Brazil. Same problem here! I do believe it´s a hardware issue, or, at least, a Firmware issue.. Even if you turn on your computer by pressing the "Sony Assistance" button to open additional starting options you´ll see that after some minutes the cursor goes to the top let corner of the screen. And that´s not Windows Environment. So, I believe it isn´t a problem with Windows drivers.. maybe firmware.. but I believe hardware is the problem here. So frustrating....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.