Problems with receiving files using Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Wil, Nov 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wil

Wil Pen Pal - Newbie

Greetings,

Forgive me if this has been posted before. I did a quick search beforehand and couldn't find anything.

I have a TX2000 running Vista.

My Bluetooth has been giving me grief lately when I try to bluetooth images from my cellphone to my laptop. When I run the Bluetooth File Transfer Wizard and select 'Receive file', it really quickly skips the "Waiting for a device to connect" (or something along those lines) and it displays "Cannot complete Bluetooth File transfer wizard: The file transfer was not successful. An invalid argument was supplied".

I can send things from my laptop to my phone with no problems. It's just receiving.

A couple more problem that could be related:
    - The Bluetooth icon on my system tray has disappeared and I don't know how to get it back.
    - When I click on 'Bluetooth Devices' in the Control Panel it doesn't do anything.

Is it just me or is there a real lack of support for Bluetooth on the web? I tried googling all this but a lot of the results that popped up were irrelevant or not very helpful.

Additional information that might help: My computer recently did a whole lot of Windows updates, however the last time I used bluetooth for receiving files was a while ago before that so I can't be sure if one of the updates might have affected it.

Thanks for reading! I appreciate it.

Warm regards.

2. Wil

Wil Pen Pal - Newbie

I finally solved the problem!

It's actually really obvious and simple but it didn't hit me at all until now. I feel silly.
    Anyway, I'll post it here for any future references in case someone else has this problem.

I went to the 'Services' menu in Computer Management and found that 'Bluetooth Support Service' (duh) was disabled. All I had to do was enable it.

Boom.

3. pechorin

pechorin Pen Pal - Newbie

i had the same problem and i finally solved it installing the sony ericsson software, but i will try your solution, i think it is a much better way to do it.

thak you!!

4. pechorin

hi!
    do you know if there is any way to be detected by the phone without the file transfer wizard? i mean, select in the phone send by bluetooth and receive a pop up or somethig in the computer.

because i think my computer bluetooth is not detectable easily, i wasnt be able to listen music from my walkman (nwz-a828) because it does not detect any bluetooth and i think it could be related in some way.

thank you

5. Wil

Wil Pen Pal - Newbie

I know next to nothing about bluetooth so I won't be much help, however, go to Control Panel, then Bluetooth Devices, and under the Options tab do you have 'Allow bluetooth devices to find this computer' checked?

As for your question about detecting your computer with your phone without the file transfer wizard? I've tried it with my laptop and it doesn't seem to work. It seems to me that you need to have the computer in receiving mode in the file transfer wizard before your phone can detect and connect to your computer. That pretty much makes my first question redundant but oh well.

Can anyone else help?

6. pechorin

another experiences always help, thank you!

i would also thank if some bluetooth expert enters to this forum...

7. byx_92

byx_92 Pen Pal - Newbie

thx Wil... My bluetooth device works properly now .... Gud job!

8. nima13195

nima13195 Pen Pal - Newbie

it worked for me. thank you