Problem with the HP tx2500's keyboard

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by moringa-tree, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moringa-tree

moringa-tree Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello! I have a problem with the HP tx2500's keyboard. I was working in mode tablet and in one moment I need to type something, and then the keyboard no worked... nothing!. I need to reboot the computer and remove the battery because only reboot don't work!
    ¿Somebody has got the same problem?

Thanks!

2. ch604

ch604 Pen Pal - Newbie

i had this same problem. it comes from powering off the laptop while the screen is in tablet mode. Simply remove the battery and unplug the laptop, hold down the power button for 10 seconds to reset the cache, then reinsert the battery and power on as normal. the keyboard should work fine. i'm not sure why this happens, but a bios update would solve it no problem. HP hasn't released one yet, but until then, be sure to switch off your laptop only after opening the screen!

3. mcdull

mcdull Pen Pal - Newbie

Good that I found this before I order a keyboard replacement.
    Remove the battery and insert back fixed the prooblem.

It's the 2nd time and I thought my keyboard is having problem and I can't wait for warranty repair as I have a long trip 2 weeks later.
    The first time probably got fixed when I switched between the 6-cell and 8-cell battery.

4. Yianaki

Yianaki Pen Pal - Newbie

Just update to the very latest bios on Hp website. Just released a week ago, only fixes this issue. Which they made themselves. I have a launch tx2500 that shipped with F05 bios deosn't have the annoying keyboard issue. You could also downgrade to F05 but I think the new one has this issue fixed. I downgaded back to F05 after getting their last two bios upgrades (downgrades!).

I don't know how the hell you can cope with that crap. I use my tablet at work and always have it in tablet mode to take notes in meetings. Very rarely do I need the keyboard, but when I need it I need it. Stupid bios programmers.

I am happy once again though. Tx2500 fer life! Capacitive sucks for my uses, pen has tracking issues when my damn palm is on the screen!

5. mcdull

mcdull Pen Pal - Newbie

Seems we have very different usage cases. The old bios worked for you but definitely not me.

I don't use tablet mode that often, only during meeting or without a table. I worked most of the time with an external monitor and keyboard, and usually have it hibernated rather than shut down, so even the laptop's keyboard didn't work, I might not have noticed. However, the bios before F.09 has a serioulsy USB problem that it will often kill the USB ports, which my USB hub and keyboard was connected to and can only be recovered after a reboot.
    The F.09 has also fixed the frequent BSOD problem when an external monitor is connected and have Aero enabled.

The latpop was a total disaster before that bios update, which took almost 6 month for them to release that "better" bios to solve most of my problems.

6. gekk_gad

gekk_gad Pen Pal - Newbie

they have released the f.0b that supposed to address the keyboard issue. its on the hp website