Problem with evernote and eee note

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by martin8x8, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swastik

swastik Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi BlacKnight:

The boot loader version is 1.0.4 and the software version is 1.0.4.118 TW. The firmware update did not change the situation with evernote, as mentioned earlier. It did add some features to the note-taking like adding a table...

Hi Sarah11918, Ramses II and Jmirko:

Appreciate that you have contacted the resellers - but what about the problem between evernote/eeenote itself? How do you suggest we go about solving this? Will highly appreciate any answers/suggestions.

2. sarah11918

sarah11918 Pen Pal - Newbie

The only way the problem will be "solved" is if Asus updates their software or if someone here writes software to change how the EEE Note logs in to Evernote. (Not even sure if the latter is possible.)

Evernote is firmly in the "we're not responsible for what 3rd parties do with our service" camp, and they have clearly said they're not prepared to revert to username/password authentication.

There are, as we've discussed here, a small handful of ways to get your EEE Note stuff into Evernote. I'm assuming you don't consider simply getting your notes into Evernote as a solution to this problem. You want the menu-item "add to Evernote" to work again, right? That can only happen if someone writes software that will use OAuth to log into Evernote from our machines. (As far as I can tell, anyway)

Otherwise, we can certainly compile a list of the various ways people are getting their notes into Evernote, and I'm happy to share what I do.

3. BlacKnight

BlacKnight Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't think any boot loader has been released apart from v1.0.4. Currently there are three versions of firmware available:

* ENote_0_Rom_TW_118_0530
    * ENote_0_Rom_RU_139_1011
    * ENote_0_Rom_CN_146_0326

The latest is 146CN, but like 118TW it doesn't support English-English dictionary. Apart from that there are no significant differences between them AFAIK.

FYI I bought my EeeNote from funnybom a long time ago. They gave very good service and Eve was very helpful with shipping matters arising. I would use them again and recommend them to anyone.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  4. swastik

swastik Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi BlacKnight,

The ROM version that I updated to recently is 118 TW. The sync software version is 1.2.2.58.

Hi sarah11918,

Yes I do mean getting the 'upload to evernote' functionality back. Right now, my workaround is to 'export notes as image' in the sync software. This at least outputs each note in a folder with the note name. So I guess its not a catastrophe :p But I use Linux on my PC, on which the sync software does not work. So I have to boot into windows every time I need to do this. Again, this is not such a huge issue, but I don't like the fact that a productive device like the eee note is getting marginalized. Bit of a rant here, but I just love the way it is designed, and I was seriously hoping it would become more widely used and we'd perhaps see some apps getting developed for it, perhaps its own cloud service etc... It seems many more devices are aimed at the consumption market rather than the production market.

Anyway...
    Swastik.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.