Problem with evernote and eee note

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by martin8x8, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarah11918

sarah11918 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm on a Mac, so I don't use the sync software. Interested to see what others report, though! Is someone willing to try it?

2. swastik

swastik Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried it - and no luck. problem persists...

in fact, upgrading the firmware seems to have triggered off a different problem - the device now just doesn't stay off with the quick-off button. it comes back on in about 3 seconds automatically. so the battery runs out in about 2 hours unless I power it off fully - that's completely pointless with a device like this. agh, this device is trying to brick itself slowly....

3. BlacKnight

BlacKnight Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi swastik

Please explain whether you are referring to a firmware upgrade, or an up-grade to the sync software. What is the version number of the upgrade?

I am using sync version 1.2.2.58 and firmware version 1.0.16.146 CN. The sync software tells me there are no upgrades available. Sometimes this happens when there is a firmware upgrade for a different territory.

<Edit> According to the index file there is no new firmware since v146 and no new sync software since version 58.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. RAMSES II

RAMSES II Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello BlacKnight !

I gave the "funnybom" seller where I purchased the unit a negative feedback regarding EVERNOTE not being supported and they immediatelly contacted me
    QUOTE :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear,

How are you ? We have noticed that you gave us comment about that :

Seller states the device supports syncing to EVERNOTE - IT DOES NOT !!!

We have confirmed with Asus service , the item can support EVERNOTE , we are wondering have you apply an account on Asus evernote website , also log in the evernote account on the ea800 to try.

Have you got any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Eva He

Funnybom Service Dept.
    TEL:886-2-2999-9200
    E-mail: service@funnybom.com
    MSN: service@funnybom.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I think, most likely she is pulling my leg, nevertheless I just wrote them back

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Ms Eve He

I am fine and...
    how are you , yourself ?

Sorry, for the negative feedback. But what I wrote is a fact.

My decision to buy EEE note was 80% based on your ebay sales description stating EVERNOTE capability.

So please understand - that I am not happy at all that this does not work.

Stay assured that what I do loginig into Evernote account on the EEE note is the same as I do on several other machines (windows 7, Mac OS-x, Iphone, Android etc.) .
    On EEE note the EVERNOTE server does NOT allow access.

I checked some forums dealing with EEE note issues like see here (unfortunatelly after ordering the unit with you) : looks that this problem with Evernote is there for quite some time QUOTE :

So it looks like Evernote have changed their authentication for remote login, which means the Eee Note will no longer be able to upload to Evernote, unless the Eee Note client is updated.

this I found here see post #15

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/asus-eee-line/53638-problem-evernote-eee-note-2.html

this was on 11-05-2012, 10:43 AM already

same , web page post #18

UPDATE: Here's the latest from Evernote:
    "The change to OAUTH is a permanent change, one we considered seriously, and did not undertake likely. As I said, we initially made the announcement of the intention to change over 6 months ago, (in individual contact to the developers themselves, as well as on our developer site, and on our forums)..

and post #27 :

Update 22 Nov:
    I finally got around to opening a support ticket with Asus. I wrote.
    "Since a few months ago, EeeNote cannot send files to Evernote. The reason is that Evernote changed their authentication method:
    http://blog.evernote.com/tech/2012/1...auth-complete/
    Evernote upload functionality is a core function of the EeeNote, and users are very disappointed that this function does not work so soon after purchase.
    Please update the EeeNote firmware to enable the Evernote upload function again. Many EeeNote users will appreciate this very much."

Not sure anything will happen, but it was worth a shot. Link where you can do the same: http://vip.asus.com/eservice/techserv.aspx
    You will need your serial number, which is on the box and on the warranty card.
    I will post if I get a response.

SO - as you can see - IT DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE !

by the way - in your reply :

We have confirmed with Asus service , the item can support EVERNOTE , we are wondering have you apply an account on Asus evernote website , also log in the evernote account on the ea800 to try.

what is Asus evernote website ?

Tell me how to proceed i.e. how to log into EVERNOTE account ?

I think you should remove from your sales text on ebay the "EVERNOTE support built in" part until you sort this problem out.

I intended to buy a second machine from you, but without EVERNOTE support I am losing my ethusiasm ...

Have A Nice Day !
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder what the answer will be ?

BTW - Thank you for all your support so far.

Have a Nice Day !

5. sarah11918

Ramses II, I'm sure the seller is simply confused because all the tech specs say that Evernote is supported on the EEE note. I hope they notice the part of your reply where you mention that this is a recent change on Evernote's end regarding how devices can log in. And, since Asus isn't doing current development on the EEE Note, they haven't kept up with that change.

If I were simply an electronics reseller, I would wonder why the heck someone was contradicting published specs of a device I was selling (especially one I probably hadn't used myself). I hope your response will make them realize that Evernote is NO LONGER supported, and not that you're claiming the feature somehow never worked, or doesn't work on that unit. Because really, all they can do with any certainty as a 3rd party reseller is repeat whatever specs are released by Asus. I hope they follow your links and are convinced that a real change has occurred that renders the official description inaccurate.

6. Jmirko

Jmirko Pen Pal - Newbie

Exactly.
    I hereby volunteer to write to the EeeNote sellers on ebay and inform them about this issue. This may save some frustration.

7. sarah11918

And, I've just written a request on Evernote's site for something to be added to the Support/Knowledge Base/ FAQ site so that we have an "official" link we can refer people to when telling them about the problem:

Asus EEE Note EA800 upload to Evernote feature no longer supported - Evernote Knowledge Base - Evernote User Forum

8. sarah11918

OK, quick summary: The thread I linked to above is probably going to be the only place on Evernote that the issue is addressed. If you're contacting an eBay seller (or similar), you can feel free to point them to that thread for about as official an acknowledgement as we're going to get.

9. Jmirko

Jmirko Pen Pal - Newbie

OK, so I checked Ebay and found that all EeeNotes are sold by the same Taiwanese seller, funnybom. So I sent them the following message:
    "On behalf of the EeeNote user community at Tabletpcreview.com, I would like to inform you that the Evernote synchronisation DOES NOT WORK since 1 November 2012.
    The reason: on 1 Nov, Evernote changed their authentication method, and ASUS did not update the firmware of the EeeNote.
    You can read more details here:

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/asus-eee-line/53638-problem-evernote-eee-note.html

and here:

Third party authentication

I advise you to update your product page to show that Evernote support is currently not working on the EeeNote. Otherwise may receive complaints or negative feedback from some customers.
    In addition, we (EeeNote users) would appreciate if you could contact ASUS about this issue. I have done so already, but maybe they listen to a seller more carefully.
    Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter!"

Thanks, Sarah, for your activities on this. Unfortunately I only saw your post after writing to the seller - but now I know the link is there if needed in further communication.

10. sarah11918

Sounds good, jmirko! Great work!