Problem with evernote and eee note

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by martin8x8, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarah11918

sarah11918 Pen Pal - Newbie

:( I don't have any drawing issues, but I understand that's another blow.

It's a lot more complicated, but at least I realized that I can:

1. export each page of my note to the SD card as a gif
    2. transfer the microSD card to my computer
    3. Create a new note in Evernote in my desktop client
    4. attach each gif, in order, to that note

The results are exactly the same, but of course it's more work than just pressing one button.

2. etienne

etienne Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, we could hack Asus' code about evernote api. We could modify the api source code that they shared and modify it to simulate the old api in the same time of using the new api. We wouldn't need reader's source for that.

3. sarah11918

sarah11918 Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone's who's capable of doing so, please do! :)

4. martin8x8

martin8x8 Pen Pal - Newbie

You can also use the mail client for the eee note which works very good. So you don`t need to transfer the notes via sim card to your computer.
    The mail client is part of freeenote.org and is found in http://www.freeenote.org/downloads/installs/FullInstall.zip
    I use this way since the evernote login doesn`t work anymore.
    Martin

5. martin8x8

This would be great!!!!!!!

6. etienne

etienne Pen Pal - Newbie

You mean hacking the API? I don't necessarily great knowledge of cplusplus, but I can maybe check what we can do.

7. Jmirko

Jmirko Pen Pal - Newbie

What makes you think it is no longer supported? It is still on the website, and less than a year ago it was being sold via the Asus online shops in several EU countries. If Evernote informed Asus over 6 months ago as they claim in their response to Sarah, this means they stopped supporting the device around the time their stock ran out? This would be unacceptable - I also don't expect any new features, but it seems too soon to let core functionality disappear. So I will give Asus the benefit of the doubt and write them about this issue. I encourage all of you to do the same, if you agree that it is worth 5-10 minutes of your time, even if the result is not guaranteed. I will post my message here, along with any response I receive.

Update 22 Nov:
    I finally got around to opening a support ticket with Asus. I wrote.
    "Since a few months ago, EeeNote cannot send files to Evernote. The reason is that Evernote changed their authentication method:
    http://blog.evernote.com/tech/2012/11/01/third-party-authentication-transition-to-oauth-complete/
    Evernote upload functionality is a core function of the EeeNote, and users are very disappointed that this function does not work so soon after purchase.
    Please update the EeeNote firmware to enable the Evernote upload function again. Many EeeNote users will appreciate this very much."

Not sure anything will happen, but it was worth a shot. Link where you can do the same: http://vip.asus.com/eservice/techserv.aspx
    You will need your serial number, which is on the box and on the warranty card.
    I will post if I get a response.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  8. martin8x8

One picture a day.... from evernote away...
    I just decided to change my blog. The good thing with evernote was the easy upload, but as this possibility does not exist anymore, I started a new blog at:
    http://tageszeichnungen.blogspot.de
    enjoy it...
    Martin

9. Jmirko

Jmirko Pen Pal - Newbie

I received the response from ASUS support:
    "Dear Valued Customer, I forwarded your comment to the developers and they will check the problem. However this device was sold in only 3-4 countries and already end of life and the firmware update may take longer to be released than usual."
    I replied asking to be informed if and when a decision is made about updating the firmware. I wouldn't hold my breath...
    Fortunately for me, Evernote was only a way to backup my notes, and I can still use the sync software for this. However, I think it may make sense for tech manufacturers to support their products for longer (at least 2 years from the time they stop selling it on their website), and to advertise this fact. Currently, potential buyers have no idea about how long a product will be supported, or where it is in its lifecycle.

10. swastik

swastik Pen Pal - Newbie

A service request to evernote support directed me here for the same problem... they are essentially saying its eee note's problem, not theirs.

on the sync software for the eee note, there's a firmware upgrade available. has anyone tried it?