Problem with evernote and eee note

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by martin8x8, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martin8x8

martin8x8 Pen Pal - Newbie

:confused:
    HELP!!!
    I have been using my eee note for nearly one year now.
    Uploading one picture a day to evernote. This was no problem.

https://www.evernote.com/pub/edition8x8/fromeeenote

But since yesterday, my eee note does not want to connect to my evernote account anymore. Although I didn`t change anything.
    The eee note just deleted my evernote account settings and when I tipe them in again, it says:
    WRONG ID OR WRONG PASSWORD. TRY AGAIN.
    But it`s the right ID and the right password, I checked this via computer. I can easily log in from my computer to evernote.
    What can be wrong?
    The wifi on the eee note is also working.
    As I didn`t know what to do, I made a backup of everything and restored the device to factury settings.
    This didn`t help at all...
    Anyone any suggestions what do do?
    Anyone similar problems?
    HELP HELP,
    Thanks, Martin

2. moses101

moses101 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the same problem. (i'm from Spain).

3. martin8x8

Hallo moses101,
    is this problem new to you? Or was it just from the beginning?
    Maybe the evernote people changed something???
    Martin

4. andy840119

andy840119 Pen Pal - Newbie

5. martin8x8

Thanks Andy for your proposal,
    but the: ENote Rom RU 139
    seems to not exist anymore.
    But it brought me to a new idea, because my eee note went wrong after I changed the time
    from summer to wintertime.
    I will try different times, maybe it has something to do with it?
    Martin

6. sarah11918

sarah11918 Pen Pal - Newbie

Same problem here, and yes, I also recently changed the time! My machine had been off for several months, and when I booted it up again it was in the wrong year, wrong date, wrong time etc. I didn't do anything about it for a couple of days, and was able to upload notes just fine. Just tonight I tried to upload a note for the first time since changing the time, and now it won't connect to Evernote, telling me I have a wrong user id or password.

I hope we find a fix. I was just getting back into using this again. And, since I'm on a Mac, Evernote is really the only good way I have to get these notes off the machine.

UPDATED: I just filled out a support ticket with Evernote and posted on the one single thread in their forum that deals with the EEE Note. I'll update when I hear back from support, but they don't work on weekends, so it won't be at least until next week.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  7. T_B

T_B Scribbler - Standard Member

That seems like the right action to take.

I don't like to depend on a company that can shut down services (or ask money for it) whenever they like. That is why I don't use it and manually back up to sd.
    If you want to share the documents daily online like martin8x8, there is no good alternative on the eee note though.

8. sarah11918

I was able to export my notes to the SD card (only one page at a time, unless I'm missing something?), so not the disaster I originally thought it was. I'm not sure how I never knew I could do that before. I think I was too preoccupied as a new owner trying to figure out how to get material ON to the EEE note from a Mac. I didn't realize getting it off was (relatively) easy.

I don't know whether this is an Evernote issue or a hardware issue, so Evernote may or may not be able to help. But we'll see what they say.

I don't worry about losing anything on Evernote because both the Mac and Android app let you download and store your notes locally. So if the service ever shut down, I'd still have everything. But mostly, it's just a heck of a lot more convenient for the 25 page note I was trying to send to a student. I managed last night be exporting each page individually, then creating a note in Evernote and adding each image individually (because when I tried to batch attach multiple images, they didn't add in order for some reason). The end product is exactly the same, it's just a more annoying process.

At least I'm a lot less freaked out now than I was when I couldn't connect to Evernote!

9. BlacKnight

BlacKnight Scribbler - Standard Member

Several people have reported problems uploading to Evernote and getting the "Max Note Limit" warning. But this sounds like a different bug, due to the clock setting.

I any case a good alternative is to use the fantastic FPDFAM tool by TheTwo.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  10. sarah11918

Thanks, I'll check out FPDFAM. (And yes, it's not the same Max Note Limit warning. We're all getting the same error message that we can't even log into Evernote because our user ID or password is wrong.)

UPDATED: Since I can't use the sync program on a Mac, it appears I can't install it. (Well, more like it's a serious pain in the ass with the resources available to me, and for now I'm content to wait and see what Evernote has to say.) :)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012