Problem with ECS and Cross Menu button

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by ealskriptik, Dec 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ???????

??????? Pen Pal - Newbie

According to the manual if I hold the ECS button for some time the screen orientation would change, but when I press it for some time, nothing happens. Usually, when I press the Cross Menu button for some time, the cross menu will appear, but now, it suddenly dosen't appear anymore. Is there anyway I can fix this?

2. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

More details please? Which Tablet model again? And, what escape button - the key or a programmable hardware button?

3. ???????

??????? Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm using the toshiba satelite R10. The ecs button I'm referring to is the programmable hardware button.

4. poetdante

poetdante Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

same prob here.

5. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Have you guys checked to see if you need to have that button set to a certain function for it to rotate the screen?

6. poetdante

I have. it is only registered as the esc button. no option for rotation last time I checked.

7. ???????

??????? Pen Pal - Newbie

There is no way to set the ESC button to rotate the screen, it automatic as far as I know.

8. poetdante

yet the manual and little card that comes with the tablet says it should rotate the screen. not a huge problem for me. I just set the button as esc. if I need to rotate the screen, which I rarely do, I just open the tablet options panel.

9. ealskriptik

ealskriptik Pen Pal - Newbie

It's actually not going to bring up any menu. It uses the Gyro in the machine that also does the vibration detection for the HDD to sense which way you twist the unit while STILL HOLDING the ESC key (which is the one left of the 4-d button in laptop mode).

It needs to be enabled. In the start menu, go to all programs, TOSHIBA -> Tablet Pc -> a set of programs that use the accelerometer. There is a simple setup utility there, an accelerometer utilities help file, etc.

If you don't have those menus, you may need to use the install Toshiba software program to install the toshiba pack with the accelerometer stuff in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.