Problem : Is it normal that the nib does'nt retract into the pen ?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Alphonsine, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Alphonsine

Alphonsine Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello,
    I bought a Fujitsu "type" t5000 pen like this :
    [​IMG](amazon reference)

But : is it normal that there is no spring effect of the nib, which doesn't recoil into the pen ?

Also, I don't have pressure sensitivity in Photoshop, but maybe it is necessary to adjust a "hidden" setting...

(photoshop 2017 on hp 2760p)

2. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Absolutely normal. If you want the recoil effect, the nibs are called spring loaded, I believe. These.

Which Windows are you running? If it's not Windows 10, you'll probably need to download the Wacom Feel IT driver. Although some on the forum are having trouble with this driver, so you might need an older version? It's also possible you might be happier with an older version regardless.

Also, on my CS6, the default pens aren't pressure sensitive to begin with. (I don't know why??? And can't be bothered to figure out how to change it.) Check the pen settings to see if the pen size changes with pen pressure.

3. Alphonsine

Alphonsine Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for your advices ! At least now I know it's not a hardware issue.

In fact, I must say that pressure sensitivity is now working, it's my fault : I had not restarted the laptop after installing the driver and I had set the pressure sensitivity with the softness setting of the Wacom driver at a minimum.

I am sorry that you don't have any pressure with photoshop, I can say - for my case only - that it seems to operate not too bad with windows 7 and photoshop 17.
    The Wacom Feel It driver is a good idea and I already notice that the brush strokes are more smooth.

I will tinker, to see if I can fix an initial activation pressure of brush stroke maybe not enough sensitive, calibration accuracy, etc.

Thank you for your kindness.

4. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Glad it worked out!

No no, I do have pressure. It's just that there's a bunch of preset brushes at the top, and they aren't pressure sensitive by default. So every time I use that to change my brush, I have to go back and make the brush pressure sensitive. It's dumb and I could probably change that, but I don't use photoshop much anymore, so I can't be bothered to figure out how.