Problem Flashing BIOS in T5010

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Revless, Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revless

Revless Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried to flash version 3.03 in place of my current BIOS 1.09 before going from XP to Windows 7.

I thought I would be able to download an “iso” file from the F-S web site, burn it onto a CD and boot into DOS-mode and run flash.bat but instead I could only find a “bup” file (if I change the extention to zip I can see that the is a “rom” file there).

I read that I should be able to flash my BIOS from Windows by using the “bup” file with the Deskflash tool, so I installed Deskview Client 6. No luck, when I try to open Deskflash.exe in closes again in a flash and if I am fast enough to hit the pause/break key and then try to enter something, it says something about “invalid entry (or something) before it closes again in a spit second.

Can anyone advise me on this? Perhaps someone knows a solution of where I can get the updated BIOS as an “iso” file. Or can explain how to use Deskflash?

Thanks

2. bait

bait Pen Pal - Newbie

if you go through fujitsu america's website, the bios update is available as an exe file which makes things simple. assuming the bios is not region specific, you could do that. however i don't want to be responsible for botching your bios update so maybe someone more knowledgeable can step in to confirm.

3. Revless

Revless Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, I'm going to try that now - I do wonder if the BIOS can be different. The European T5010 is cosmetically different from the US one but I don't think much else is. Dunno.

4. Revless

Revless Pen Pal - Newbie

...Or I could have just looked at the next item of the F-S global download site and I would have seen the correct iso file just sitting there waiting for me to use. Easy if you just bother to read!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.