Pro 4 Accessories for Pro 3 - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by dstrauss, Oct 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

This is something that has plagued the SP3 as well. Periodically when I wake my machine up from a sleep the type cover does not respond to any input from the keys or the trackpad.

I've always had to detach and reattach the type cover. I might just upgrade my type cover and pen. After trying the pen on the SP4 the extra friction it provides on the glass surface is superb. I already thought the Pen on the SP3 originally was good.

2. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

Hot pink? I'd fork over $2700 for a surface book with Windows Hello over getting a pink type cover.

You might as well brand the type cover, HELLO KITTY EDITION. :)

YMMV

3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

You obviously haven't been to Japan. Everything, including bathrooms, are available as Hello Kitty. It is the main reason Windows computers can compete against MacBook machines, Apple doesn't release any Hello Kitty editions.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

darkmagistric likes this.
  4. Kumabjorn

Forgive me father, for I have sinned. Despite my determination I succumbed to technolust and purchased a Surface 4 pen. And I liked it, I liked it a lot. The hard erect shape, with a flat side that oh so smoothly attached to my sensitive appendage. The added functionality to the top of the shaft, just calling for me to gently squeeze it with my long French nails. The exchange tips, for my personal choice and pleasure, yielding the optimum in friction.

So forgive me father for I have sinned. Now tell me how many hell Mary's I can get away with do I can get out of here and back to my pen

darkmagistric and Bronsky like this.
  5. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

"Hail Mary" - Kuma- and you don't begin to have enough rosaries to get out of this one - so just go back to playing with your pen.

Kumabjorn likes this.
  6. jl199954

jl199954 Scribbler - Standard Member

I am getting the same periodic drops in the trackpad....also restored by opening Word..... very odd.

7. Kumabjorn

How difficult is it to open the top? I haven't been able to get the hang of it, not that I expect to change battery in the short term, but it would be nice to know that I can do it.

8. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

It's easy. It is a bayonette mount. Cap moves to the right in a counterclockwise direction about a quarter turn. Be sure to pay attention to the position of contacts in reference to the flat side, which locates the pen going back together.

From reading your post, I am wondering if we got the same pen. As much as I like the new pen, I didn't have quite the same experience you seem to have had. : )

9. Kumabjorn

Mine won't twist, no force is required, I assume.

As for shared experience, it's all inside your head ;)

Bronsky likes this.
  10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

It needs a bit of a twist the first time. Just remember that the cap goes counterclockwise (leftie loosie) a quarter of a turn then you can lift the cap out. It gets easier after that.

Kumabjorn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.