Pro 4 Accessories for Pro 3 - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by dstrauss, Oct 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yes....but now you have a choice of 4 Different Nibs.....of which all but 1 can be tricky to remove....how convenient it would be to have some extra pens....so while drawing you could swap nibs much faster just by grabbing another pen....and swap back and forth without the hassle or removing the nibs. Like if you end up liking to use the HB nib for linework, and then the 2H nib for flat coloring.....just faster for productivity purposes as I have found.

2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Darkmagistric; moonlighting as the snake of Eden.

Balbutio ergo sum

darkmagistric and Bronsky like this.
  3. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

Mine actually just did it again after opening and waking up SP3. It logged in using FP reader no problem, keyboard was working, but no touchpad at all. Only a reboot got it working again. So, seems it is a software glitch and not a defective keyboard you had. I'll be keeping the keyboard for sure, as it's simply fantastic and hope MS provides an updated driver.

I can see how in your classroom environment this would be quite annoying though. So far mine has only done it once when placing in SP3 dock and once when unfolding type cover and waking device. On the plus side, keyboard did keep working each time so just used touchscreen until a convenient time to reboot.

4. jl199954

jl199954 Scribbler - Standard Member

Just happened to be at bbuy tonight and got a Type 4 open box for $88. But no fingerprint. Enjoying the vastly improved track pad. Wondering if I want the fingerprint enough.

5. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

That's a great price, but I can attest the fingerprint reader is the only way to go. It is awesome, and unfortunately I have been know to turn off password login because of the hassle - no more.

6. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

but the fingerprint one only comes in black so just FYI....

7. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Function over form my friend...

Bronsky likes this.
  8. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

agreed, but some people really want color :) for a finger print reader if I didn't have SP4 with Windows Hello... I would take that even if it was hot pink :)

dstrauss likes this.
  9. gmich

gmich Pen Pal - Newbie

Just an update to my earlier post about the trackpad losing functionality occasionally. I've found a temporary "fix"--not sure why it works, but it does.

Previously, when the trackpad would stop functioning, I'd have to re-start my SP3 to get it going again. A few days ago I discovered that opening MS Word gets it activated again for some reason. Not sure why, but it's worked without fail every time.

10. jl199954

jl199954 Scribbler - Standard Member

I have seen the trackpad drop sometimes- only after leaving the device or closing the type cover. Then strangely running my finger back and forth enough gets it going. Not quickly like a normal wake from sleep mode- more than that- too much really. But still no "major" things like reattaching the Type cover or rebooting. Definitely seems software related and I am thinking actually MS Edge related. I'll have to fiddle with that a bit more to place blame there.
    Edge is nice and speedy, but occasionally there's some drop outs of sorts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.