Print to Onenote - Size

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by k0rbi, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k0rbi

k0rbi Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi!
    I am having problems printing to ON. For example when I print an PDF which size is Din A4 I want to have a DINA 4 sized Image in Onenote. But no matter wich settings I make the size of the image send to Onenote is smaller than DIN A4. (I attached some screenshots, they should explain it better)
    [​IMG]
    How can I solve this Problem?

The second question I have also concerns printing to Onentoe. If I have a PDF-file containing multiple pages is there an option for printing each page on a seperate page in Onenote?

Thanks in advance for Your help!
    Greetz

Korbi

Attached Files:

2. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

1. How do you know that the printed page isn't A4 in OneNote. Just because the zoom settings are different does mean nothing. As long as you can't define the DPI in the program you'll never get comparable views at the same zoom level. (Have you printed it to a A4 page instead of an endless page, same effect?)

2. Even after writing the above, I have to admit, that ON is useless regarding scale factors or sizes. Don't expect that you can get any useful size measurements with ON, it just wasn't produced for this, and I don't expect that it will.

3. Take a look at the One Note Print out manager plugin, I think with this you can create a new OneNote page for each PDF page.

3. k0rbi

k0rbi Pen Pal - Newbie

ON Printmanager solved this problem, thanks!

Its simply smaller (noticeable) than in Acrobat Reader. Both zoomlevels are set to 100%, so the dpi shouldnt be a problem. (I dont need a page that has the exact measurements then a din A4 Sheet. What I want is, that when I eventually print a Printed-to-Onenote-document to paper to get the exact same Result as if I printed the pdf-file directly to paper.)

I tried the following to explain my problem furthermore:
    I printed a pdf to ON and then I printed the Onote page back to pdf (in the pdf-printer the settings were to DIN A4 of course)
    The attachemend is what I got:
    Notice the smaller font size and the extra space to the left (and right, but this is not on the screenshot. Zoom is set to 100% for both)

Hopes this helps to clearify my problem.

Greetz

Korbi

Attached Files:

4. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

i understand your problem. But it's a ON problem, for which no solution is available.
    ON in general creates really poor printouts, especially because you can't define the print margins it uses, which are huge. Also does it convert the endless scalable PDF document to a bitmap with a fixed resolution = larger files and worse quality.

So for your needs, better take a PDF annotating tool instead, like Grahl PDF Annotator or Bluebeam PDF Revu.

You just won't be able to do the things in ON you plan to do.

Re DPI:
    Not always does the same document look the same at the same zoom factor in different PDF viewers. Some rare programs (e.g. PDF Revu) allow you to define the DPI your monitor uses, which allows you a) to get a 1:1 scale factor at 100% and b) the document has the same size at 100% in different programs. Sadly, most programs use different internal settings.

5. k0rbi

k0rbi Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for Your help. I will consider using a Tablet-Pdf-tool. Since then I will have to life with the smaller sheets... (perhaps I will play arround with the ON Print Manager some more...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.