Preordering the Vivo tab with KB dock

Discussion in 'Asus' started by nnthemperor, Nov 3, 2012.

1. curtissh

curtissh Scribbler - Standard Member

So, Paint is not pressure sensitive. The tablet itself is pressure sensitive. For instance, here's a Onenote scribble:

[​IMG]

If you don't have Onenote, just open up Windows Journal (it's pre-installed), then on the down arrow next to the pen select pen settings and turn on pressure sensitivity.

2. curtissh

I don't think that's right. I know the guys in the Ativ 500T forum were playing around with that, and had some better luck with the Wacom drivers for large brushes in Photoshop, but IIRC, for most purposes (even Sketchbook Pro), the factory drivers worked great. I'm pretty sure Tonitti will find that in the right software pressure sensitivity works great.

3. curtissh

The Asus is turned up about half way. It's not really a fair comparison though because I'm not at all sure what I had the MBA set to. That said, he screen on the Asus is way better in every way.

4. nheel

nheel Scribbler - Standard Member

So I don't want to be a complainer, or scare anyone off from this device, as I believe it to be the single best tablet I've ever owned, but has anyone experienced issues with the sound just not working? It seems to be at random.

I've had issues with that with previous computers, all it required was for me to "test" the sound within playback devices. But when I try playing a test sound I get an error.

5. Inkermoy

Inkermoy Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for the pics, Curtissh!

And here I thought the leather case was just for the tablet itself. Does it have room for the annoying USB Dongle? :D

6. curtissh

Funny, you're sure struggling! My sound works great so far. As I move the volume slider up in my system tray, it gives me the default sound and the appropriate volume, no trouble. That said, I've not played much other than an episode of Top Gear in the Netflix app (that worked great). I'll keep you posted.

7. curtissh

None that I can see. There are a couple little slots large enough for SD cards (I imagine designed for extra micro SD cards), and a larger internal pocket inside that appears to be designed for the included screen cloth.

On a side note, pretty awesome how much thought Asus put into the little extras. Apple would charge dearly for this stuff.

8. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

I haven't tested much the tablet yet, but the sound in mine sounds distorted when I tried to watch some videos, like when a plastic bag is near a sub-woofer.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  9. nheel

nheel Scribbler - Standard Member

There's a USB dongle is included.

10. Inkermoy

Inkermoy Scribbler - Standard Member

You misread my post, I know it comes with a dongle, I was just hoping like the pen holder if the sleeve had a holder for the dongle as well.