Preordering the Vivo tab with KB dock

Discussion in 'Asus' started by nnthemperor, Nov 3, 2012.

1. curtissh

curtissh Scribbler - Standard Member

More soon, but I couldn't be happier. I've been waiting for this machine for better than a decade. I've been suffering the compromises of TabletPCs since I bought an LE1200 new, all the way through an LE1300, an LE1700, an X60T, an X201T, and finally an X220T. Gentlemen, we have finally arrived. For my purposes, no compromises. I KNEW THIS COULD/WOULD BE DONE. So ridiculously awesome.

2. ldgw500

ldgw500 Pen Pal - Newbie

Good to hear Curtissh! I too order the Vivo tab and keyboard from Buyspry on Tuesday. Waiting patiently for it to arrive. They had the best deal that I could find with stock on hand. Would love to see pics of it next to the MBA. Hope you post one.

3. curtissh

Ask and you shall receive.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

With the dock, it's a little thicker than the MBA, but a little smaller in length and width (just like the specs say). Sometimes a picture's worth a thousand words.

I also wanted you guys to see that the case included with the tablet also works beautifully when the keyboard dock is attached. Super well thought out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let me know if you'd like to see anything else. Super high build quality. Really pleased so far.

4. curtissh

Also, I should add that for the folks struggling with pulling the tablet off the dock, the best way to do it is to fold it closed, then hold the front in your right hand with your thumb on top and hand on bottom. Then with your left hand push the release forward as you pull the tablet back with your thumb. Works beautifully.

Also, I've had this thing in and out of sleep all day and I'm not having any troubles with keyboard or trackpad responsiveness on wake. Keeping my fingers crossed. All I have installed (and really all I intend to install) is Chrome and Office 2013.

5. nheel

nheel Scribbler - Standard Member

Boy do I feel like an idiot. So it turns out I've been putting my tablet on my leather case to support it when I ink. But of course, the leather case has...magnets! Those are the deadspots that have been happening, they were caused by the magnets in the case.

Makes me feel so much better about the table.

FWIW, I do have keyboard sleep issues...but I feel like this is easily rectified with a software update.

6. curtissh

LOL -- good news. That is, however, a really good thing to point out here. Hopefully others see your post. That should go in some kind of sticky.

7. ldgw500

ldgw500 Pen Pal - Newbie

curtissh, great shots of the two. Like how you showed how all the side by sides look. The screen looks great on the Vivo. What brightness setting is that at? Thanks for the shots.

8. ldgw500

ldgw500 Pen Pal - Newbie

I see what you mean by the keys being lower (closer to the front of the keyboard).

9. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

Good news: my Vivotab tf810c arrived two hours ago.

Bad news: pressure sensitivity doesn't work or it is disabled; so far I have tested MsPaint and Paint tool sain, when I make fast strokes the curves turn into straight lines. Maybe it's because updates are being downloaded and installed in background?

Any suggestions?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  10. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

You need to download the Wacom driver for tablet pcs from their website.