praising my T4220

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by willember, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bearfox

bearfox Pen Pal - Newbie

To be honest, I do wish the T4220 hardware was available with the widescreen LED-lit screen and all came in a black chassis. WSXGA would be nice too.

All things considered, it's still one of the best options on the market IMO.

2. gil-galad

gil-galad Pen Pal - Newbie

Couldn't be happier with my Fujitsu Siemens T4220. Of course there is to such thing as a perfect tablet, but the T4220 comes pretty close. lf you consider buying one: you can't go wrong with it and it's definitely worth the money! :cool:

3. Legato86

Legato86 Pen Pal - Newbie

To be honest, the T4220's screen almost looks like a widescreen. My friend has a regular ASUS 15" laptop with a resolution of 1400X1050, the same as the 4220 but with a real 4:3 aspect ratio. I think any more resolution packed into this relatively small screen will be too hard on the eyes. An LED-lit screen would be nice though =)

4. Rieuk

Rieuk Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah I also noticed the greyish-whiteness you see in the inking experience (and I haven't even tried the x61t). It could possibly be the software or the AG coating on the screen. For me, inking experience is second to *very* few other factors (if any) to consider when selecting a tablet pc.
    Were the resolutions of both screens the same when you tried them?

5. A Nice Guy

A Nice Guy Pen Pal - Newbie

Resolution-wise, I not very sure. I only know that if thinkpad tablet performance is as good as fujitsu T4220, I would have buy thinkpad. But frankly speaking T4220 really good, except for the hot air ventilation at the side. A bit uncomfortable if hand place there...wonder if there is anyway to solve this hot air issue

6. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yep - run on battery mode. Any laptop will always run hotter on AC.

Also set your settings in Control Panel -> "Power Options" to Portable/Laptop.

7. StevenC_in_NYC

StevenC_in_NYC Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm very happy with my T4220. It has a great solid feel. My Toshiba M200's screen cover developed a small crack near the edge, then the whole screen blacked out (seemed like separate events). The Fujitsu feels much sturdier, but I'm glad I got the LCD replacement. Yes, it costs more, but both I and my company thought it was the best choice.

I had a couple OS frustrations, but between my own many attempts and help from these forums, I figured out how to make the annoying navigation thing stop (turn off fingerprint scrolling) and get back normal cursors in Word and other programs when using pen (uncheck the use pen cursor box in pen options).

Fujitsu help is based in Canada (for US), and they have been really good so far. My only small complaint is that I would have preferred to have gotten an extra power cord with the dock purchase, but that was the only thing (Toshiba dock came with its own power cord).

Thanks.

Steven

8. axon

axon Pen Pal - Newbie

I agree with you.
    I sold it and bought ST5111 just for a reflective screen.
    Sometimes I miss my T4220.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.