Powerful Chrome OS tablet with EMR and USB 3.1 for $329? Yes please!

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by Shogmaster, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Yep, but in education, you really don't want to worry about all students having charged pens. EMR just can't be beat in education.

2. Shogmaster

It's not $300. It's $309 + $89. It's really $400 with edu discount. Still not cheap by any stretch. What's Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 with laminated screen, 3GB of RAM and included pen going for these days? $279? And that's Samsung who overcharges with the best of them.

Cuberdon75 and Starlight5 like this.
  3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

For all those people who've been waiting for this, congratulations. But as an iPad Pro owner I realize that the resale value of my device, and normally very good for Apple's products, took a $300 nosedive.

artistebot and thatcomicsguy like this.
  4. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

I don't think the parallax in this new cheaper iPad will be much of an issue.
    Honestly, even on an old iPad 4 it wasn't anywhere near as that of tablet pc's and Cintiqs. ;)

5. Shogmaster

I agree. T902 was one of my favorite tablet to draw on and that puppy had like 5mm of parallax.

But I did see footage of the new iPad and the gap is noticeable in angles and is not a good look in 2018...

6. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

Third party Stylus for iPad...never thought that would happen...

I am simply glad to see more and more devices with Pen technology, especially Apple and Wacom. IMHO, the iPad should had a native stylus 5-6 years ago...

As for education, Apple must see the major threat Chrome w stylus represents. Google is doing what Apple as done for years, glad to see it, since Apple stopped innovating several years ago.

7. Shogmaster

Apparently the Crayon is not for general consumers. It's only for education market only. That's why they are selling it for $50. Probably they are counting on pack in sale with the $99 case, which will be where they make up for the Crayon.

artistebot likes this.
  8. artistebot

If the Crayon functions the same as the Pencil, I wonder if it will sell to the general public anyway?

What is good is Apple allowing a 3rd party to develop, so that hopefully means the API/tools/libraries etc. might be there for others develop towards it?

:)

9. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  10. artistebot

dang, no pressure sensitivity....pass.

The article does possibly give insight on how apple pencil works...? Needs pairing for pressure but not for tilt and palm rejection?

$50 seems high for a crippled pencil.