Power Supply DEAD... any alternative?

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by ciriola, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ciriola

ciriola Pen Pal - Newbie

Uff...

yesterday I was working plugged and... I just see the nice blue led switching off. Bye bye! I've tried other plugs, another cable, nothing, the blue led still off.
    Now I have to send the whole slate to the seller, they will send it to ASUS and vice-versa. I think about half a life to see my slate back...
    Do you know where (in Europe) I can buy another AC adapter for the slate?!?!?!

Uff...

2. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

Call ASUS ..theyvmay send you one fast.

3. JackBFlippinNimble

JackBFlippinNimble Scribbler - Standard Member

What CF says. In fact when you call, if at first they don't want to send you one, ask for a supervisor, and try to talk them into sending you one, although they may need to have a credit card number in case you don't send the old one back to them. But explain how you really have to have this for work/school... whatever, and try to get them to send it with a return label, so you can send the bad one back. You should not have to send the slate in for a power brick replacement. On another thread a while back, someone suggested taking it to Radio Shack and have them test it, and maybe they have some kind of alternative device that could work in the interim. I didn't bother to follow up as to if it worked though. Good luck.

4. daveyd007

daveyd007 Pen Pal - Newbie

5. peter.hardie

peter.hardie Pen Pal - Newbie

The same thing happened to me. The power adapter just died. I posted it here on this forum as well.

Call Asus. In my case, I had to send the faulty power adapter in and they sent back a new one. The whole process took about 2.5 - 3 three weeks. I haven't had any issues with the replacement adapter.

6. ciriola

ciriola Pen Pal - Newbie

I have to return the whole slate to ruedecommerce, internet shop where I bought it.
    They will send it to ASUS... weeks!!! sigh...
    On the ASUS french website there isn't the power supply on sale! Do you know where I can buy it? I prefere to pay instead stay weeks without my slate...
    uff...

7. peter.hardie

peter.hardie Pen Pal - Newbie

There are some threads on the topic somewhere in this forum. I believe they are difficult to find and expensive. When my adapter failed they were not yet available as a separate accessory so I was really out of luck.

Bonne chance.

8. JimDandy

JimDandy Scribbler - Standard Member

9. nmotion96

nmotion96 Pen Pal - Newbie

For less than the price of the asus power supply why not get the targus one. It is as small as a smart phone best part about it is when you get a new laptop and need a new tip. You can request them from targus free of charge. I leave all my laptop charger plugged in at home and keep this one charger with different tips in my bag so i'm ready to charge any laptop.

Amazon.com: Targus Premium Laptop Charger (AC/DC) with Limited Two Year Warranty APM69US (Piano Black): Electronics

10. JimDandy

JimDandy Scribbler - Standard Member

Can you confirm that they have a proper tip for the EP121, and not just something close enough?