Power plug socket issue

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by DanGB, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanGB

DanGB Pen Pal - Newbie

Just got my XE700T1C-A03UK (woohoo)

The issue is, unless you really push the power plug in the power socket on the bottom of the unit, it does not change. You can push it in and it charge, but then it spins round due to the weight of the cable/RF choke and loses the connection - then does not charge.
    Anyone else have this issue?
    Any tips, or should I get a new one.

2. Vladdie

Vladdie Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm guessing here but you just have to make sure it is pushed in all the way. I made the mistake for the first few hours by not pushing it until it clicks all the way in so it seemed to be disconnecting a lot but I just hadn't connected it properly. That is assuming your issue is the same one as in this thread:

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/samsung/54082-700t-owners-ac-port-question.html

3. rene_canlas

rene_canlas Pen Pal - Newbie

There seems to be quite a few of us. I got my 700T last week, and five days into ownership I find that the power plug on the tablet only charges if you press it in. Once you release, charging stops. Charging via the dock is fine.

I go back to the store for a replacement. On the second unit, the tablet charges fine, but there is dirt embedded on the screen, and a dent near the left speaker grille. On the third unit, the tablet was fine, but it won't charge via the keyboard dock. Our solution was to swap the keyboard dock of the second and third units.

I just have to say, being a fan of Samsung, I am shocked at the poor QA that has led to these tablets being released with these defects.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

4. galtom

galtom Pen Pal - Newbie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.