Post your working fixes for power issues

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by motionfan, Nov 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motionfan

motionfan Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello,

I have owned this device for over a year and despite multiple attempts, have not solved the power drain issue when the keyboard is connected. Windows 8.1 may have fixed the problem, but the screen driver crashing was so bad Iwent back to Windows 8. Also, I need HDMI out, so I have not reattempted 8.1.

I have read all the posts relevant to this issue, but I do not see a consensus opinion. I have finally gotten the power drain on the tablet alone by itself to ~ 1 % an hour. However, when the keyboard is attached, and the machine is in sleep, the blue light stays lit on the keyboard and I lose 10 % or more per hour. Many times at work I have pulled the device, unused since charging, out of my bag to find it dead - frustrating.

So, if anyone has been able to get the tablet to sleep properly with the keyboard attached, please post OS (8 vs 8.1), whether you did ALL the upgrades or some, and which ones.

Right now I am turning off the device every time I close the lid, which is annoying.

(Anyone else tired of being a beta tester for a year? ? )

Thanks in advance

2. richk2

richk2 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have same problem. If connected to keyboard, I have to leave it plugged in or turn it off or battery is dead from draining in a few hours. I am on 8.1 but I didn't have keyboard on 8 so cant compare

3. motionfan

motionfan Pen Pal - Newbie

So, no one has solved this issue? Instead I will ask, who else has this problem? Please post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.