Post your Tablet PC art! (some images might not be safe for work)

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by frog, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Experimenting in a different style of coloring for me.
    All Clip Studio Paint on the Galaxy Book.

B49DB340-F23D-48B1-8EAD-88084156C6D7.jpeg

2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Well, I finally finished a p
    iece that I've spent 50 hours on and off over the last 2 months. It was an idea for a painting I had for some time and desire to make original content to display on my shiny new ultrawide curved 3440 x 1440 screen kicked it off. If your a ultrawide user and want the original high quality image for a desktop BG, just PM me!

Chrono Trigger holds a very special place in my heart and remains a huge source of inspiration to me. Anytime I need a creative boost I just play the soundtrack. My memories of watching my best friend playing this classic fantasy epic blew my mind. The game almost had a mystic quality to it back then, partly because I could never afford an SNES myself, but also because I believe it was the first japanese RPG I had ever seen, --the grand time travelling story alongside character drama and fantasy mystery was spellbinding.

I wanted to pay tribute to the characters of C.T. in a unique way that honored the way I imagined them from so long ago. Frog has a bit of a tragic story and I wanted to capture his resolve and underlying sadness/guilt with a meditative piece rather than a heroic action piece more typically seen with his character.

Done on my Cintiq 22HD and Photoshop.
    Hope you guys like it, had a lot of fun painting it! Anyone else here play Chrono Trigger when they were young??

Frog's-Meditation-smaller.jpg

Frog's-Meditation-Detail.jpg
    Frog's-Meditation-Detail02.jpg

Frog's-Meditation-Detail03.jpg
    Frog's-Meditation-Detail04.jpg

I also saved one out of interest without all the rain. I might do a dynamic animated painting some day with this piece, so I kept all the effects and lighting on separate layers as I painted.

Frog's Meditation - no rain.jpg

3. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

@stoneseeker great man!
    Never played Chronotrigger so I'm not familiar with the IP but the image has a great general mood, nice color choice and good details. :)

stoneseeker likes this.
  4. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Wow, you guys! Nice pieces! I gotta do more colour work on these machines...

The video game world was something I grew up through the invention of. -Like when I was a little, little kid, there were no video games, not for any practical purposes. And when they started to trickle in, hardly anybody could afford to have them in their house.

And depending on how many years old you are... there's this window of fascination. Starting at around the age of 7 up to around 20, in varying ways, stories have the ability to super-hard-core affect your mind and emotions in a very lasting way. The brain is "plastic" up until your early 20's, and I think you can "feel" the impact of stories thudding into your grey matter, changing your code. I think that may be why I remember the whole world and its experiences being like an extended, high-colour dream sequence, whereas today, while reality is still full of awesome stuff, is one where I am hyper-aware of the underlying structure of things. It's not that magic is dead; it's more like I know how it works now. There's something extraordinary about being a kid without a road map.

For me, when I was 15, I came across the first pre-cursor to the "Japanese RPG", (and it wasn't Japanese.) A game universe called, "Ultima". Ultima 3 on the Commodore 64 was the all-immersive story universe for me, (and also experienced at a friend's house because I didn't have a C64).

There were, however, very limited cut-scenes. I think people were just beginning to work out that there was such a thing possible, feeling out the edges of the idea. (Basically, as the player, you'd reach a major goal and blink with a half-second of surprise, "Hey, I can't control anything! What's going on! My characters are moving by themselves!" -And a bit of story would play out.

It wasn't until I lived with a girlfriend who was into Nintendo or one of those boxes and she played through Final Fantasy 7. -That was far better than TV, because I could watch the whole thing unfold over the course of many weeks. -But the story left little impact upon me. I was nearly 30 at that point and my brain was no longer plastic and that incredibly immersive experience was, I think now, probably no longer possible.

That's my theory, anyway!

stoneseeker likes this.
  5. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

I have been struggling a lot over the past year, this is my latest effort. "good enough" for now...

Painted in Infinite Painter on a Samsung Tab S3 during my Caltrain commute.

[​IMG]

6. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member

From my instagram - 20 minute sketch while taking a break from a clay model I'm having a real battle with. Done in Sketchbook Pro on my HP 2760p

Attached Files:

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  7. artistebot

Mainly an experiment w color palette.

[​IMG]

8. artistebot

...'nother one, SpaceGuy

kinda rough...still shaking off all the rust..

[​IMG]

nyb72 and stoneseeker like this.
  9. nyb72

nyb72 Scribbler - Standard Member

Got a GB12, and the accuracy I now get on EMR has been a game changer for me for architectural style renderings. Here is the first drawing I attempted with it while wandering around Berlin...

[​IMG]

10. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

Wow. That's impressive. How long did it take?