Post your Tablet PC art! (some images might not be safe for work)

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by frog, Jan 16, 2009.

1. balistic

balistic wacom jock

I don't, unfortunately.

2. frog

frog Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey Brian :)

I haven't been here for a while, but as it happens I was looking to replace my aging Fujitsu T5010 with something newer. I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed that the technology hasn't moved faster since I last bought a Tablet PC 5 years ago. The Wacom companion in particular looks to be very disappointing. I'll probably get another Fujitsu in the end, my existing one has been a real workhorse and hands down offered the best drawing experience, much better than the Cintiq I use at home (nicer feel, far less jittery).

I've used my T5010 on hundreds of storyboarding jobs, and I'm only really looking to replace it because it no longer runs the latest software, Photoshop CC runs but without canvas rotation (I have to use an older version for canvas rotation), my 3D software won't run, and also the machine is really starting to feel its age since it has a Core2duo processor.

Here's a selection of storyboard frames I have drawn on the T5010, these were all done at various advertising agencies in London, usually under crazy tight deadlines:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Frog, I just picked up your book for Light for Artists. The reviews on Amazon were resounding, and the price was reasonable. Looks like a helpful, and educational, read. Yay for the tabletpc community! :)

stoneseeker and thatcomicsguy like this.
  4. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Definitely replace with another Fujitsu, but avoid the newest T904. Grab a T902 and stock it up with 16 gigs RAM and a SSD and you'll be set for another 5 years or more! Still the most powerful option around and fantastic responsive drawing. The X230t is also a good pick, though I prefer the larger and higher res screen of the T902, but X230t might handle heavier 3D by a small margin in sustained load.

5. balistic

balistic wacom jock

ahaha! My frog summoning spell worked!

Welcome back. I was in a similar situation with my old Core 2 Duo Toshiba and ended up going for the Thinkpad Yoga at the beginning of the year. It's a solid machine, but the display has a ton of persistence. It hasn't really affected my art, but it's a little ... aesthetically irritating. Like Stoneseeker mentioned, a T902 is probably your best bet. That was going to be my fallback option if the Yoga didn't work out.

6. frog

frog Scribbler - Standard Member

Cool - thanks, hope you enjoy it. :)

Yes, I'm starting to think that's the best option too. Only drawback is that it's so heavy compared to some of the new options on the market, but that's the price you pay for power!

Hey Brian, thanks for advice. Funny to think we go all the way back to the Sijun forum all those years ago. It was one of your posts there that kinda prompted me into writing a tutorial that eventually became a book on light...

7. 9tamara9

9tamara9 Pen Pal - Newbie

Since there is a disclaimer NSFW in the thread title, im posting some of my drawings :)

poledance_catgirl.jpg poledance_kitty.jpg poledance_kitty2_smaller.jpg

Yuureikun, thatcomicsguy and ron2k_1 like this.
  8. ToddingtonToons

ToddingtonToons Pen Pal - Newbie

@balistic I love the afterlife drawings. Was that a model dressed as the reaper or just a funny concept? It made me chuckle.
    @frog Looks like ill be selling my t902 if youre interested. Dunno your location. Is there somewhere to post sales on this forum? Its already on ebay though...
    @9tamara9
    Verrry sexy ;P

9. balistic

balistic wacom jock

Toddington: Thanks man! Yeah. the model was wearing a Halloween costume.

Some recent stuff:

[​IMG]

(portrait of my sister, drawn from life - Sketchbook Pro)

[​IMG]

(new avatar for my SoundCloud profile - SBP)

fishdavis and thatcomicsguy like this.
  10. AmbiDextrose

AmbiDextrose Scribbler - Standard Member

Tsubame_nst013_smaller.png Recently replaced my aged Samsung Focus II with a (relatively) newer Samsung Galaxy Note III. All line art and colors done on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with Sketchbook Pro Mobile. Comp and clean-up done on my trusty ole Samsung Series 7 Slate with Adobe Photoshop 5.

The design is an amalgam of Okubo Junji's "For The Barrel" and the Guardians from "Sidonia no Kishi" with some custom stuff thrown in for good measure.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015