Post your Tablet PC art! (some images might not be safe for work)

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by frog, Jan 16, 2009.

1. T-ravisty

T-ravisty Scribbler - Standard Member

The slow beginnings of what will be an oil painting for a friend.
    A trade of a chess board he carved out of stone for a painting that is to be inspired by this piece.
    (had to have red in it, a skull somewhere and a woman)

I'll spend several more hours on it in digital before I commit to the traditional (canvas and paint ain't cheap).

Done on my DTU-2231 running from my x230t.

Pipi.jpg

I plan for the hair to somewhat look like tiny little bones all inter-connected... Just subtle.

Please crit.
    I'm well aware that a proper light source has to be established.

Cheers. :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
    balistic, Jamie-B and IsaacKuo like this.
  2. balistic

balistic wacom jock

Seeing a peek of pale shoulder or spine might help break up the red pyramid of the hair, so that it doesn't feel so monolithic (although I understand it's just a rough at the moment!)

Jamie-B and T-ravisty like this.
  3. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

mechagirlfinsmall.jpg

Finally got around to finishing this silly thing. I feel a little ashamed to have painted such cliche drivel, but it really is as fun as it looks to draw hot chicks combined with robots. In tribute to the 80's anime of my youth like "Project A-ko".
    Sketchbook Pro and Photoshop on a Fujitsu T902.

**EDIT** wow that pic looks terrible. I am using basic uploader, what do you guys use? It's obvious the site is compressing the image really badly before posting it and its kinda ruining it for me. Can anyone share their upload settings/steps to ensure crisper attachments? Is there a size or dimension of jpeg I have to stay within in order to avoid the site compression?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
    thatcomicsguy and T-ravisty like this.
  4. T-ravisty

T-ravisty Scribbler - Standard Member

Maybe link to an imgur upload or something along with this upload?

5. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Thanks, though I thought maybe I was doing it wrong, since I see others attachments in pages previous that look really sharp. If anyone wants to see the crisper, larger (not the high res original) version of the painting, they are welcome to scroll to the bottom of my sketchbook in the link in my sig. Conceptart didn't compress.

6. balistic

balistic wacom jock

Final album cover:

[​IMG]
    (right click > view in new tab for bigger image)

and a detail:

[​IMG]

A big thanks to all who offered suggestions in the WIP thread! Time to teach myself some perspective construction ...

7. dukenukem

dukenukem Pen Pal - Newbie

Very awesome work stoneseeker and balistic.

balistic and stoneseeker like this.
  8. balistic

balistic wacom jock

Thanks all. Here's a sketch I did today at the park:

[​IMG]

Druid, Steve S, Jamie-B and 2 others like this.
  9. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Really great work balistic! I'm always in awe of artists who can paint. I can only sketch. :-(

10. balistic

balistic wacom jock

Thanks Rick. You know, this is the first time in ~8 years of tablet ownership that I've ever tried to paint outdoors with one, so I didn't know if I'd even be able to manage it, between glare on the screen and the 90 degree ambient temperature. I have to say though, the Yoga's screen is bright enough to be usable as long as the sun isn't directly on it, and cooling didn't seem to be an issue. What eventually drove me to put it away after about 45 minutes though was the afternoon wind picking up ... I kept having visions of sand grains getting blown into my machine's sensitive nooks and crannies.

As far as painting vs. drawing, they're really two sides of the same coin. Probably the easiest way to transition into it is to do lots of grayscale paintings before you attempt color. James Gurney's "Light & Color" is a really handy overview different painting concepts, if you ever decide you want to head in that direction.

Druid and stoneseeker like this.