Post your Tablet PC art! (some images might not be safe for work)

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by frog, Jan 16, 2009.

1. dri

dri Pen Pal - Newbie

Stone, how'd the canvas print turn out? Textures and technique remind me of my friend's painting style when he was heavy into textures and Imagine fx. Nice work on that body of work.

Putting the t900 through initial paces and will explore something more finished later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

klachowski likes this.
  2. Zero

Zero Scribbler - Standard Member

The T900 is superior to the X230t so you'll enjoy it quite a lot.

3. dri

dri Pen Pal - Newbie

I like it but I enjoyed drawing on my x220t more. The gorilla glass is much better than the t900 surface and I feel the display is better. That's just one person's opinion though. For art strokes they can't touch the cintiq. I thought it could and they are comparable but the cintiq offers more depth as it rightfully should.

The tablet pcs are just much easier to use anywhere.

Here's another sketch for the pile. It's not a self portrait.

[​IMG]

klachowski likes this.
  4. SpiralMagus

SpiralMagus Pen Pal - Newbie

Great to see everyone's work here as usual. Love those recent critter designs in particular Stoneseeker!

It's about time I posted some tablet art - since I've been lurking around here a while. A lot of stuff I can't share yet because it's for books that haven't been released. But this sketch here I just did for a personal project I'm working on. A science-fantasy RPG project - which might be both a tabletop campaign and a computer game. I call him "Space Wizard".

Made on my T902 with the Mischief program. Just started trying out this program last night and it's very nice for sketching! Infinite canvas / infinite zoom / vectors that look like raster strokes, responsive - a very intriguing program.
    [​IMG]

5. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  6. steven

steven Pen Pal - Newbie

Thats a nice artwork, Tonitti. I wouldn't have had the patience to do that on such a small tablet. For painting i need my Cintiq 21UX so far, even my EP121 isn't large enough for me to do anything not-lineart-based.

speaking of which. Here's a small illustration i did for the most part on the EP121 yesterday. Lineart & color flats in MangaStudio. Then put it into Photoshop to tweak colors. Then looked at it on my desktop-machine/secondary monitor and be done with it.
    Its a sort of portrait illustration of Molly Drake, a musician i discovered on bandcamp yesterday morning. Beautifully fragile singing with piano accompaniment.

mollydrake_small.jpg

7. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

It turned out great as the company uses a sRBG printer not a CMYK, and the canvas was great quality. Cost about $35 for 8 x 10 with inch thick black border on sides. Colors were identical to what it looked like on the T902 which was a testament to it's color accuracy at least.

8. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Cool. What company did you use?

9. stoneseeker

Atlantic Photo Supply in Dartmouth location! Excellent printer and service.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  10. stoneseeker

Just a brief painting I did for fun tonight. Kinda like how it turned out. 3200 x 1800 -Cs6 -T902

plains-drifter-03.jpg

Jamie-B and dri like this.