Post your Tablet PC art! (some images might not be safe for work)

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by frog, Jan 16, 2009.

1. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

agreed. I am a little worried that it may be a grounding issue. It manifests itself really badly with the touch screen, just try using the touchscreen without touching the screen with your other hand.

EDIT: sorry, we can take this discussion elsewhere, back to ART!

2. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I had a good coffee shop day with the Tecra M4 last afternoon, doing some last minute graphics for my latest book project.

Just wanted to share!

Cartoon_after_strip126.jpg
    Above: Ashelle considering living for the next year outdoors in a tent rather than trying to find a place to rent. She's picturing it with a great deal of romance and joy, while her friend. . , not so much.

Cartoon_after_strip129.jpg
    Above: The two Jens. One is a time traveler who isn't physically there, using a sort of psychic projection technique, and has failed to mention to the other that nobody else can see her.

Heading out again to the wilds of coffee shop land. I seem to be doing my best work away from the studio these days. Portable art studios ROCK!

3. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

For some reason, things are flowing very nicely these days. --I've not turned the heat on this Winter; if I can save $1000 by keeping the heat off, then that's one quarter of a book pressing. Plus, I've found the human body is entirely capable of finding a comfort zone with just an extra sweater and some good wool socks. But it is nice on those really cold afternoons to park in a public coffee house and bask in the free heat while drawing! Once again, I am in awe regarding how much this whole portable studio thing has made my drawing life fun and rewarding!

Cartoon_after_strip137.jpg

4. pagugu

pagugu Pen Pal - Newbie

beatiful work, man! Thanks for sharing!

Your panels are really, really charming! Please do let us know when the book is ready!

Are you going to be inking/coloring on this machine as well?

5. cmenice

cmenice Scribbler - Standard Member

Your dedication and sacrifice is mind bogglingly impressive. It translates to your work and writing as well.

6. cleft

cleft Scribbler - Standard Member

7. azelll

azelll Pen Pal - Newbie

alice web small.jpg leprehuchan web small.jpg prrrrrr web small.jpg

Fun post!
    here's some of my art, done with either a Samsung Slate, or a Motion Computing j3400, or Motion Computing c5.
    I usually sketch with Motion Computing machines, since they have the nicer surface/pressure I ever tried on a tablet for drawing, and I usually move on the Samsung when the files are too big :)

Feel free to check here for more
    childrens book, character design, ipad app,illustration cartoon » book illustrator cartoon illustration character children children illustrator Ipad illustration IPhone art illustrated colorful art illustration cute character creation » AlessandroVen

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  8. vfrmaverick

vfrmaverick Pen Pal - Newbie

[​IMG]
    Ill say right now I'm a terrible drawer and painter. I cant even color a book inside the lines. I feel there was a ton of software help here and while its not incredible for knowing my limited skills on this area it looks quite good. The bottom left corner was covered by the tools in the sketchbook app so it was left undrawn. I cant think of more to do besides add more colors and some fixes here and there

9. balistic

balistic wacom jock

[​IMG]

Sketchbook Pro 6, 40 minutes. 6-year-old Toshiba M400 with 2 gigs of RAM :(

10. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Fooling around with ArtRage and just trying to limit myself to one of it's more "creative" brushes to draw something simple and quick. neat effects, I like the brush engine.
    The Hulk-ish looking one is me fooling around and experimenting with Alchemy. A free to use drawing program that spawns happy accidents. No undo button, very unpredictable brushes and super random stuff. Really embraces the digital medium but makes you release your control and attachment to outcome. I found it hopelessly frustrating and fun at the same time.
    cross-hatch-face-small.jpg fuzzy-man-small.jpg hullk3.jpg