Post your Tablet PC art! (some images might not be safe for work)

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by frog, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...and the culmination of all that technology is manifested itself into this...>>

So true, so true...

2. T-ravisty

T-ravisty Scribbler - Standard Member

Oh for sure, we can go incredibly deep into this from the RND and logistics of raw materials even.
    I can't say I envisioned myself making this when I purchased all these tools or when I started my further education, but when the opportunity to mess with family strikes, you just have to take it! Haha.

To keep it TPC relevant, I doubt the RND department at HP or Lenovo thought their devices would be used for this :D!

3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

How are all the artists here doing? Any cool new pieces, Holiday themed or no?

Before you ask, the last art piece I did myself was adding a brightness gradient to my avatar, which was otherwise stolen from the internet. :vbrolleyes:

thatcomicsguy and Art_N00b like this.
  4. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

I have been doing my best work ever in the last 3 months on the HP ZBook X2 while I renovate my new studio (the big PC and cintiq are still packed up), and I really wish I could share here! Strict NDA from Disney means a definite no on sharing though.. Eventually when the film releases I will try to remember to come back and share them though. No time for personal work, all my spare time is spent building a custom desk, shelving, a new sliding door to section the room off from the hall, drywalling etc etc

YVerloc, JoeS, jnjroach and 3 others like this.
  5. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Oh wow! That's really exciting! I guess your NDA doesn't allow you to drop any crumbs as to subject or title...

I'm guessing though.., (since it's you), is it classic 2D? I love classic 2D!

6. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

haha yep, It's a 2D feature (ToonBoom 2D but with a tiny bit of 3D integration for a few small things). I feel pretty lucky, this is my 2nd 2D feature I've been a part of despite their rarity in the mainstream big movie industry (in the West at least).
    It's been great to let loose and not be restricted by budget concerns or whatever on our designs. To clarify, it is a 2D feature length film for Disney+, I don't know if it has plans for theatrical release like Pony's did... that's all I can say for now until they announce more details.

All the new streaming platforms have opened up a wave of new 2D opportunities though, very excited for many projects in the pipeline for Disney+, netflix and apple etc. Especially during COVID, there is more work than the studios can handle, since animation can pull the weight for new content where live action sets and crews have had to take breaks during shutdowns.

thatcomicsguy and JoeS like this.
  7. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

[​IMG]
    I've been trying to use Samsung Notebook 9 Pro for work instead of desktop + Cintiq. Bit cramped, but not ready to pluck down $4k on Acer ConceptD 9. lol

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  8. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Cool. I like that you included a smoke alarm at the end of the barrel for safety. :p Out of curiosity, which app was this, and how many layers?

9. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

It's CSP, with minimum layers (one for underlay sketch at top, one for clean line art, and 8 or so for grayscale then colors). It's suppose to be obvious that it's a water gun but I fail often...

JoeS likes this.
  10. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It’s been a hell of a year, I’ve been busy running online Art classes for my students which sadly includes teaching my 10 yr old daughter.
    During lockdown, her own school teacher seemed to have abandoned the class and wasn’t doing any feedback on the daily work he set. One of the things I’ve done with her this year is teach her coding to create her own games and here is her second self-written game.

Christmas themed…

Xmas run” written in Microsoft makecode. She just finished it today which is why my late response to your post.

jnjroach, Steve S and JoeS like this.