Post your Tablet PC art! (some images might not be safe for work)

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by frog, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Yeah I'm always using CSP.

As for the Samsung N9P, I should have kept it, but I did something really stupid: traded it in for something bigger. This is when I didn't realize how much of **** NTrig still is. I ended up getting a 17" MPP HP Envy laptop and got stuck with it.

I would have never even considered trading in the Samsung if it wasn't for 2 major factors: 16GB RAM limit, and lack of Feel driver support. 16GB thing was more for tuture considerations if I was to use it for ZBrush modeling when I learned it. But the lack of Feel driver is big. T902 obviously has Feel driver support. It goes a long way for my workflow.

I want to eventually get the Samsung N9P again, when it finally gets the Feel drivers.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  2. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I doubt it's ever going to get the Feel drivers.

FWIW, I totally dig my N9P, but if something came along with my few minor gripes addressed and fixed, I'd strongly consider going through the extreme hassle and expense of leveling up. Minor gripes have a way of growing on you.

But I also suspect it may be more than a few years before we see a worthy replacement come along. I'm beginning to think the N9P may be the Tecra M4 of this generation. And the Galaxy Book is the Portege M200.

Art_N00b and DRTigerlilly like this.
  3. Shogmaster

Never? :(

I wonder what kind of relationship Samsung has with Wacom. Owning part of it has no pull I guess? Or is there an agreement between the two that none Wacom products can't ever threaten the sales of Wacom's own computers like MSP, and they deliberately sabotage it with no Feel drivers...

4. Art_N00b

Art_N00b Scribbler - Standard Member

I agree with @thatcomicsguy about the Feel driver, though I hope we're wrong. Basically, if Samsung was interested in the Feel driver, I think they'd have it already, like HP does. Instead, they have their Samsung app ******** and non-customizable (through their software) pen button. It's weird because with that approach, I would expect them to go with AES. Or, if they go with Wacom EMR, I would expect them to go with the Feel driver.

The HP Zbook x2 is close, but why do I have to go down in screen size? *sigh* Someone should do a spoof of The Creation of Adam with Adam holding a tablet PC in one hand and holding a stylus that almost touches God's finger.

5. Shogmaster

Samsung just starred caring about Windows market again, so maybe they will come around. For now they seem happy porting their Android pen apps to Windows and calling it a day.

They seem to value EMR tech over AES at least, putting EMR in their premium 2 in 1s. Their lower end device are getting AES as with that 13.3" Samsung Spin 7 or whatever it is called.

6. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Not true....although its over a year old now and all but vanished from Best Buy shelves.....the Core M3 Galaxy Book 10.6 is still the lowest end windows device Samsung puts out and that still got the EMR touch. They wouldn't even give that thing a rear webcam. Not sure why the Spin got AES....but I doubt it was because they viewed it as a lower end device compared to their other products. And I should hope not....I"m still holding out hope that the Galaxy Book line (or at least the 10-incher) gets a refresh with a Surface Pro styled keyboard and Kickstand. I'd buy that in an instant, but not if they swapped out EMR for AES.

7. Shogmaster

Galaxy Books are premium devices. 10.6" was going for what, $700 with 4GB of RAM and 128GB eMMC when launched? The 13.3" Spin 7 with 8GB of RAM and 256GB SSD is only $200 more at $900 right now. The 12" Galaxy Book with 4GB RAM and 128GB SSD is over $1100 by comparison.

AES is for low end 2 in 1 and EMR is for high end 2 in 1 in Samsung land. You can't expect them to charge more for 10.6" device than a 13.3" device with much better specs. If they do a lower end 10.6", it will use AES and will be cheaper than the Galaxy Book 10.6.

8. Shogmaster

I did this on the Asus Vivotab Note 8 which refuses to die, like a old timey boxing champ. I was drawing all day with my friends at coffee shop today and my lowly Atom Z3740D Note 8 with 2 GB of RAM was kicking his A10X, 4GB of RAM iPad Pro 12.9's ass left and right. EMR kicks every active pen's ass even on an old ****ty Arom CPU.

[​IMG]

9. Art_N00b

Art_N00b Scribbler - Standard Member

I would like you to turn that into a 3D model, print it life size and pop an engine in, please. Then sell it to me. Glossy black. :)

Also curiosity questions:
    CSP?
    Did you use a keyboard or was this all pure tablet experience?
    Would you enjoy the Samsung Galaxy Book 10.6" as much as the Asus Vivotab Note 8"?
    Are there current Wacom-based 8" Windows tablets?
    Am I obnoxious?

10. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...I would like you to turn that into a 3D model, print it...>>

...Actually... I have a different request: What's your take on the mid-engine Corvette (I think it's called "Zora.")? So far, all we've seen are camouflaged test cars...???