Post your Tablet PC art! (some images might not be safe for work)

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by frog, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Wierdninja

Wierdninja Pen Pal - Newbie

These are amazing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Hey Mark, I don't know if I ever found out where you settled on moving to! Are you making it out to the West Coast by chance? Or somewhere in between? Lydia and I miss Nova Scotia so much, but BC has been kind to us as well.
    It would be great to get together again if you end up in BC!

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  3. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm just about ready to say that I'm all settled down in my new place. There are still a few items to tie down, (my Dell Canvas shows up tomorrow!!!), and there is a lot of work I need to catch up on, but mostly...

Wow!

I think I made the right choice in staying in Nova Scotia. I'm now living in a house in the Gaspereau Valley, organic garden surrounding the house, and STILLNESS all about. I had to slow my car right down to avoid hitting a deer last night!

My new (used) car is pretty cool; cheap but lots of life left in it. Five minute drive into downtown Wolfville. I think I might be entering one of those easy and high lovin' stages of life, -after having put in five years of pure production grind with not much in the way of connecting to the world beyond.

I just gotta make sure I balance all the New with a good comics production schedule. -That's part of the reason I bought the Dell desktop drawing board; I want my studio to be Serious and Expensive, so I'll feel just that little extra bit of obligation to sit down and work.

While beautiful people and lush life glows outside...

It should be quite doable. I've gotten a lot faster and a lot better tuned in the writing and drawing departments, with no small thanks to all these digital tools which we've been collectively learning our way through.

Oh. And there's a woodstove! Some tree people came and cut down a bunch of deadwood which had been leaning precariously against living trees around the property. (They used these fifteen foot poles with small chainsaws on the ends! It was amazing to watch them work.) -And the deadfall is actually going to provide half a Winter's heating! So there's some wood choppin' to do around here as well.

My life just got awesome!

OH! And guest bedroom, (sometimes). You should both come out to visit! That would be SO great!!!

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  4. Art_N00b

Art_N00b Scribbler - Standard Member

Congrats on your new move, @thatcomicsguy! When you start posting somewhere about the canvas, please drop a link here so we know where to find it.

5. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member

That came as a surprise? I haven't read you talk about it much before.

I liked the one we got as a test bed - that huge screen really does loosen you up, and you can work on large images at full size, almost 1:1 ratio but it was a dark display (screen protector).

Oh yeah, just remember never to turn the stylus around and try to erase!

6. ArashA

ArashA Pen Pal - Newbie

If you are interested in animating in VR, Frame by Frame you should check out this project.

http://nvrmind.io/

And this is an overview of the functions. It looks really interesting from an eye of traditional 2D animator.

doobiedoobiedum likes this.
  7. stoneseeker

very cool! Looks like it has more robust feature set for animation than Quill's recent update has.
    I know its all very early stage research still, but I have my reservations about VR animation in its current stage of life

-It all has the same look to it so far, essentially that painted 3D stroke look, which is cool, but somewhat limiting.
    -Feels SO difficult to be precise with depth as you draw, we need like some sort of locking to Z space guides or something...not sure how that would work though
    -I struggle to see ways that animating in VR could make things more efficient for current workflows, but I guess that is the point, this is a new medium, new tool, and new workflow altogether. Its cool to explore someones art in virtual space for sure.

Excited to see where it all goes!

ArashA likes this.
  8. stoneseeker

Exciting man! Nova Scotia is pretty amazing. If our families weren't out West, we would be there in a heartbeat. Especially now that we are starting a family of our own, pretty sure our parents would die a thousand deaths if we moved across the country again.

We will come visit NS with tiny person probably before they turn 2, so in the next 2 years, as they fly free under 2. Will definitely keep in mind your invitation! We will have so many people to see in Halifax and Dartmouth area, but it might be nice to escape for a night too. Sounds like you found yourself a slice of paradise!