Post your c-140x drawings

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by chriscannon, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chriscannon

chriscannon Proud Member of the PFJ! Senior Member

for speech in vista... click start, type "speech" in the search thingy... and open up windows speech recognition. The first time i went through it, it had me do a pretty long tutorial, that was very informative but a little off...

Its best to be withen typing distnance while talking, but naturally the closer the better. The max for me while talking normally is probobly 2 feet away. But if your loader it can be accross the room. Its pretty fun when somebody is talking, to open up word and see what it writes...

My dad was accross the room talking about cars or something, and it was typing something about islamic terrorists... no joke! i wished i had saved it because it was almost properly formed speech.

2. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

don't try to email it, considering you ar eon a base, and our wonderful governmental buddies would red flag that baby quick.

3. chriscannon

Well at my house, there is no way they could have seen it really... unless I was on their network where they could watch me. I could be because somebody at work hooked me up with basewide wifi... apparently there is some $2100 router on base and i can get internet anywhere... but at my house i use our home internet.

4. tabletonthevista

tabletonthevista Scribbler - Standard Member

Hmmm.. interesting information, Chris.

5. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You THINK they can't tell if you transmit from home.

I have a friend who said you don't realize the stuff they monitor until you get in the intel field (which I'd like to do ;) )

6. Nominal

Nominal Engineering Student

This thread has quite the way of getting off topic ;).
    If you're concerned with people reading your email, just use PGP.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. chriscannon

I will guarentee you they cannot see what I do from my home internet... I would be able to know if somebody was on MY network. Even on military bases we pay for cable/internet, phone services, etc... the base only supplies the house, water, heater, electricity... maybe a couple other things.

Of course, right now, somebody could be watching me type to you guys, since im on the bases network at work... on a work computer. The only way for them to see me off my home internet, would be for them to intentionally hack into my network or computer. My home network is no different than yours is.

But what i was saying, is if im on that basewide network... then they can, just not at home...

8. tabletonthevista

tabletonthevista Scribbler - Standard Member

How much clearance do you have, Chris? :D

9. chriscannon

That is classified information.

Just to let you know... Most of my emails sent and/or recieved have this at the end:

There is more, but I dont think it should be posted publicly.

10. Nominal

Nominal Engineering Student

I must have missed the post where Chris said what his job is. Where, exactly, is it? Seventeen is to young for the military, so...?

Back on the topic of painting:
    I just rediscovered a paint program I had downloaded a while back. It is a free translated version of a Japanese program, so there is little documentation, but from what I could find it looks like it supports pressure sensitivity.

It has far from an intuitive interface (which is why I gave up on it the first time I tried it out), but I think there is some potential buried inside, if you're willing to dig it out. Just playing around with the settings, I came up with something paint-like:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015