Post your c-140x drawings

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by chriscannon, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garfield

Garfield Pen Pal - Newbie

Very nice, Chris, very nice.
    Its also hard to say that your drawing Nominal was done with a mouse.

As for me, the most I can do are the stick figures and the lines aren't even straight :(

2. chriscannon

chriscannon Proud Member of the PFJ! Senior Member

:D :D
    Spot on ol' chap!

Actually, since today is the first of september... exactly 17 years and 2 months old... wow...

ty.
    :D

Thats what I was thinking, but... Im a lefty and can only assume its easier for rightys to draw with a mouse. Since I, like most people, use the mouse with my right hand, aka "weak" hand.

3. waplespunk

waplespunk Scribbler - Standard Member

You're just a young whipper snapper. I'm more than twice your age. It's amazing, I went back to watch my high school's band practice and I realized that when I was in band there, not a single person there was even born yet.

4. Nominal

Nominal Engineering Student

As it happens, I am also left-handed. There may be some advantages for us with this tablet (convertible notebook:rolleyes:). Read what Bevelund had to to say in her user review:

5. tabletonthevista

tabletonthevista Scribbler - Standard Member

Wow, nominal. That's a good mouse drawing. And wow, you're freaking good at decoding messages! I thought Chris was just exaggerating the length of time. You'd be good for those alternate reality games!

6. Nominal

haha, thanks tabletonthevista.

7. chriscannon

chriscannon Proud Member of the PFJ! Senior Member

No exaggeration here, but it is amazing he got my age on the dot...

And by the way, I'm writing this entire post my voice. The voice recognition Software Works great. I'm sitting 2 feet away from my laptop, and there is even a fan on behind me. Sometimes it will mess up one word a sentence, but you can correct it entirely by voice. It's pretty cool if you're feeling really lazy. If you can get a higher quality microphone to use from farther from the laptop, you can probably do an entire presentation by voice. You can do more than just type, you can actually navigate through programs and almost anything on your computer.

-Chris

8. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

To navigate the web you simply say "show numbers".
    This will display everything in numbered boxes.
    You then simply look down at the place you wanted to look at and say "load 23" (23 being that particular part of your web page).

...and I am 20yrs older than you. :D

9. waplespunk

waplespunk Scribbler - Standard Member

So you're just an old fart ;)

Chris, how do you do this voice recording thing? I'd be VERY interested in that.

Would you somehow be able to write html via voice? Can you move the cursor around by saying something like, "move up to and over 6" or do you just use the pen to move?

10. Nominal

You can move the mouse by use of grid boxes. Windows displays a grid of numbers 1-9 on the screen and if, for example, you say "five", then the middle grid is subdivided in to 9 parts, and so on. In this way you can focus in on the part of the screen where you want to click, down to very fine detail.

EDIT: I'm basing this off Voice in XP. I think it is still called "Mouse grid" in Vista.

Scroll down to the bottom of This Page to see what P8RSON meant by "show numbers."

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.